The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

232 posts Page 16 of 16
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Re: THE VENTING TENT
30 Dec 2014, 00:35
@Lizbean - do you go for nocturnal walks or are you meaning in the morning?!

@Carieoates - how annoying re the chicken - wonder how that happened?

@Manderley - you sound thoroughly fed up - sending you a big squidgy hug!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
30 Dec 2014, 01:19
Hi @Madcatlady yep I went for a late night walk, pretty skiddy, with black ice, out again tomorrow as I need to catch up :smile: how about you?
30 Dec 2014, 04:04
I'm in here too today. @Manderley, sending you big hugs too, there is so much pressure to conform to a certain set of activities and beliefs over Christmas regarding families and how we are supposed to celebrate, when some of us don't want to. It will all be over in a couple of days, and hopefully your flu will clear up soon too.
I hit my target early in the Christmas challenge and nad have now gone backwards!! I'm sure that wasn't meant to happen :shock: So, reset for the new year and a target of 28th June for me to really make a huge effort and get back to basics with my fasting and eating.
30 Dec 2014, 05:10
:confused: And just when I wanted to congratulate myself,
the weight is off, I feel better in so many ways - and I had to spoil it.
I went to the Drs!!! Have had a week of taking blood pressure tweice a day.
Today the DR says I need to reduce the cholesterol. I am dieting, excercising
and getting fitter.
Are DRS just here on this earth to throw a spanner in the works? :curse:
Happy New Year Everyone :party:
tenshi
30 Dec 2014, 05:31
Hi Tenshi@Tenshi, what detail did you get from your Dr on your cholesterol, as I have learned in the last year that there are enough different cholesterol numbers to make it a bit more complicated than just the bottom line figure? There has been quite a bit of discussion on here about the HDL and LDL and the fact that there are different types of 'bad' LDL. My overall number is quite high, but my HDL is very good, and my LDL isn't that bad. The big problem with cholesterol testing is that it is a broad brush and doesn't give the whole figure. I'm sure that @Carorees can give you more detail. I am going to get my calcium particle sizes tested to see whether I have te particle size which is dangerous for risk factors.
Debs
30 Dec 2014, 16:53
@Lizbean - no late walks for me - I'm a bit of a wuss and wouldn't feel safe! When I first got my fitbit I was a bit obsessive and tried to get 10,000 steps a day, which sometimes involved pacing the bungalow or drive of an evening to achieve it! Then I relaxed a bit and told myself it didn't really matter as I do my exercise classes. However I have been very lazy for about 3 weeks, apart from the occasional stroll here and there - I must get on the case soon!
31 Dec 2014, 12:02
Debs wrote: Hi Tenshi@Tenshi, what detail did you get from your Dr on your cholesterol, as I have learned in the last year that there are enough different cholesterol numbers to make it a bit more complicated than just the bottom line figure? There has been quite a bit of discussion on here about the HDL and LDL and the fact that there are different types of 'bad' LDL. My overall number is quite high, but my HDL is very good, and my LDL isn't that bad. The big problem with cholesterol testing is that it is a broad brush and doesn't give the whole figure. I'm sure that @Carorees can give you more detail. I am going to get my calcium particle sizes tested to see whether I have te particle size which is dangerous for risk factors.
Debs

Debs, he didn't go into much detail. I have only recently changed Drs but took all my blood results over with me. This was a new
test and I think he saw it looking high and wants to see if I can reduce it. I have to report every 2 weeks for blood pressure testing even tho I have to test every 3 days at home. Cest'la vie
tenshi
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
232 posts Page 16 of 16