The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

57 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Favourite kitchen gadget?
31 Dec 2013, 17:57
VITAMIX every time. Have made both ice cream and soup in mine. Will blend anything :like:
31 Dec 2013, 17:59
"Favourite Kitchen Gadget?" HUBS of course! :lol:

ballerina x :heart:
31 Dec 2013, 18:02
Definitely my food processor, use it most days and wouldn't be without it.
31 Dec 2013, 18:42
Beautiful kitchenaid food processor, a grey rubber thingy that is supposed to grip jar lids but I multi task it as a pot lid/handle holder, silicone egg poachers and lifter, microwave for defrosting, making porridge with my eyes still closed, steaming veg and heating the odd convenience meal.
I love Lakeland too, always spend far too much and still want everything else they have!
31 Dec 2013, 21:09
Sue.Q wrote: My favorite ''appliance'' is my George Forman grill he cooks for me 4/5times weekly beautifully mmmmm followed by my stick blender for my soups :heart: the two together make all my fastday 2course meals and of course more besides :clover: Sue

Well that was at the 4 months in stage and have now had my George for one year as Santa bought it for me and I still love it as much and has helped me with lots of fastday
chicken/salads meals also tonights meal
for new years eve.
31 Dec 2013, 21:19
Luxury item is my gaggia gelateria ice cream maker.
Everyday item is my cuisinart processor
Cheap and cheerful my bialetti coffee maker or is it my 2 person george foreman?
31 Dec 2013, 22:09
Zyliss kitchen peelers make lovely thin and wide shaved carrot, beetroot for salads and I am always fossicking around for them in my best kitchen big gadget my new (don't want to have to do one without again) dishwasher. My pepper grinder is a favourite my dad's very old hand cranked coffee grinder. My little stainless steel electric coffee grinder gets to multitask grinding nuts and seeds, coffee and spices. Don't worry I know how to clean it well as to not cross contaminate.

Just about to pick up my first freestanding sunbeam mixmaster and next gadget replacement will be for my blender/processor nearly worn out from use.
31 Dec 2013, 22:20
Oh I loooove gadgets and The DSH does too. But in the kitchen (apart what the rest told) is my stainless steel pestle and mortar (with rose wood handle) and electrical pepper mill. Hmm, then the rice cooker and tiny chopper (onions and herbs) from Tupperware is great. My OBH Nordica skillet comes very handy as well as one of Jamie Olivers pans…Oh and the De Longi deep fryer is something that we couldn't live with out…
I can come up with many more but refrains ;)
03 Jan 2014, 12:25
Hi Greenmonster

My 3 favourites are:

Microwave rice cooker (Landland)- rice in, cover with hot water or stock, microwave for 9 mins, drain on its lid, perfect rice for 2-3 portions.

Mini electric chopper (Delia fav)- I love this so much that I have a spare one in the cupboard just in case it breaks. Super powerful mini chopper - dishwasher safe.

Steam microwave bags for chicken - steams up the juiciest chicken known to man.

Great tools for a busy full-time working mom and hobbyist!
03 Jan 2014, 12:38
pamico wrote: I love unconditionally all my kitchen gadgets, and use all thousand of them regularly. Most of them are expert travelers, like my Gaggia or Saeco coffee machines following me around the world, and in every place there were more (exotic) gadgets to buy. Right now I am experimenting with De Buyer iron pans. The same used by pro cooks in restaurants. I am in love with them! What else can I say, too many gadgets, too little time....;-)

I don't know about De Buyer, but Demeyere is truly great. Also used by chefs and - me :) I have had their sauteuse (sp?) for a very long time and it's the only pan worth it's krona to make a decent sauce in :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 15:03
My most used gadgets are, my hand blender, my Kenwood Chef and my Panasonic bread maker. If any of these 'died' I would immediately get a replacement.
03 Jan 2014, 15:13
My favourites are my Bamix and SlicSy http://www.bamixuk.com/
,then comes my EasiYo yogurt maker and my pasta drying rack from Lakeland and of course my pasta machine.
57 posts Page 4 of 4