The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

44 posts Page 1 of 3
Dont worry, im not starting a 2014 club :grin:

I was just replying to another Christmas club member about how losing a bit more by Christmas would be a great start for 2014 and that inspired this post.

I wonder what all your goals are for 2014.. I mean the whole year. Most people have been here for a good 6 months or more and it seems it does take people a year or more often to get to the weight they want to be add (I had a post somewhere that predicted a 10% of your target loss every month, and strangely for me if i averaged out my losses since April, its about that)

I am predicting that most that have been here for a while will have reached not some mini goal but your ultimate goal and be joining the "priveleged" maintenance group. I shall be one of them for sure! Perhaps not till March or April as the last 2 kilos might be slow to shift but i will be there

And i think most of us will stick around here too. Which is so good.

I know most people dont think about new year plans till after Christmas but im scared people might go off on holidays or something and need to think and plan ahead of time. If you are in the Christmas club I guess you want to keep the spirit and passion of losing weight or maintaining going without a real "break"

What are your 2014 plans when it comes to your weight loss and your health and fitness, both for yourselves and your friends here on the forum?
Mine is.
Keep on losing, keep on losing, just keep on losing. To the tune of Dory in Finding Nemo.
I hope to continue maintaining, this has been the most fantastic year for me, good luck everyone I hope you achieve your desires

Ballerina x :heart:
I hope to eat like a thin person and finally get on top of my sweet tooth :grin: :clover:
Oh I definitely want to lose more and more weight as the months pass. I also hope that my CFS/ME will gradually disappear so that I can get my life back. Here's to 2014!!

K :bugeyes:
Hi Juliana,mine is to keep on keeping on...
Taking it step by step and day by day
Will be happy enough 3 stone lighter so i guess 42 weeks into the year i will get there woooohoooo!
And coming on here to be inspired by my fab fasting friends and hopefully to inspire them too
And to have lots more laughs and fun on here...it uses up calories!XX
Good luck to all on here with their hopes,wishes,dreams and goals!
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 588 times
nursebean wrote: Oh I definitely want to lose more and more weight as the months pass. I also hope that my CFS/ME will gradually disappear so that I can get my life back. Here's to 2014!!

K :bugeyes:

Me too Bean and to you and all others with health probs,here's praying we get our lives back! X
I want to maintain my healthy weight, keep up the exercising and try to introduce more healthy fats into my diet whilst cutting back on carbs. Also to continue enjoying all the camaraderie, advice and fun on this forum.
Just now, I am trying to maintain my current weight but am struggling to do so. In the past, if I struggled to maintain a certain weight, this would be because I was gaining weight. Now, the problem is that I can't seem to stop losing weight and so, I'm hoping that I will have that sorted during 2014.

I had hoped that my long-term plan would be to stick with 6:1, possibly even reverting back to 5:2 as required. However, the fact that I am currently losing weight with 6:1 means that I might now have to be thinking about something like 13:1 or possibly fasting even less often, such as once a month.
Increase your fats @johncs2013. A little bit of frying, more butter on your bread, some nice dressings on your salad, full fat milk, cheese and nuts.
Julieathome wrote: Increase your fats @johncs2013. A little bit of frying, more butter on your bread, some nice dressings on your salad, full fat milk, cheese and nuts.

yum!
Julieathome wrote: Increase your fats @johncs2013. A little bit of frying, more butter on your bread, some nice dressings on your salad, full fat milk, cheese and nuts.

I will try that as the largest part of my calorie intake is made up of protein which I could probably do with cutting back a little bit (I'm eating a lot of meat and fish just now, as well as those scrambled eggs that I'm eating for breakfast). I haven't eaten bread for a while as I've been cutting back on my carbs. It has only been since I cut back on my carbs though, that this runaway weight loss has started but whenever I add those carbs back in, my weight shoots upwards again and I also don't want to be regaining too much weight. I already have salad dressing with my salad (it is actually strange that I am eating salad at this time of year when we are in the middle of our winter) but since I'm not eating bread these days, I will need to find something else to have that butter with.
I will get to target weight in the first 6 months of 2014.

I have been reflecting on the past year and have realised that my eating habits have changed but very very slowly (unlike most people). I did a good deed at work last week and the customer came in with a box of chocs for me today. I hid them at work for me and my colleague to have next week. This time last year I'd have taken them home and munched through the majority of the box by myself within hours of receiving them.

Next year I need to do work on my refined carb intake.

I'll still be here this time next year.
In 2014 I will carry on maintaining. 6:1 suits me but I hope to get in the habit of eating more sensibly on non fast days, it's all or nothing recently - but never as bad as it was a year ago.

Last January I wouldn't have believed that by July I would be size 14 and back to the weight I was 20 years ago.

Michael Mosley you are my hero!
2013 has been a fantastic year for me - going from 101,6 kg to now 70,3 kg.. Intermittent fasting is the best WOE for me for the rest of my life. :victory:

I will be in the maintaining club early in 2014 and continue to keep focus on my healthy weight with 6:1/16:8. My plan is to eat sensitive in weekdays and enjoy the weekend. :smile:

Wishing all of you a successful 2014 :heart:

Pia
44 posts Page 1 of 3