The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
24 or 36 hours?
11 Sep 2013, 10:05
I surely hope that this post only comes out once ;-)

I have been wondering about this but never found an answer; if I eat my dinner round 6pm the day before fasting, at 6pm the fasting day I have been fasting for 24hrs. But every book etc I have read talk about fasting day menus and suggestions for dinner the fasting day. So my question is - is fasting day in fact 36 hrs of fasting?? :confused:

Wolfie in Sweden
Re: 24 or 36 hours?
11 Sep 2013, 11:01
Think it may be 36 if you then eat breakfast the morning after your fast
Because I asked a similar question as I'm not hungry the morning after my fastdays I sometimes skip breakfast and eat lunch about midday and I was told that became 40 hr plus :shock:
Think your calorie allowance meal 500/600 is counted as fasting but if I'm sure someone will be along soon to put us all right.Sue
Re: 24 or 36 hours?
11 Sep 2013, 11:05
Yes, the 'fast day' lasts from dinner on day 1 (say, Sunday) through to breakfast on day 3 (Tuesday). On your fast day (Monday) you can have up to 600 cal for a man. However, the actual length of the total fast depends on how you split use your 600 cal. Some (in fact over half of us) prefer to fast for around 24 hours before having a single meal and then fast again until tomorrow breakfast (which might be taken early or late if, like Sue, you wait until lunchtime. Others might have breakfast and dinner on their fast day, so their 36 hours are split into roughly three 12-hour fasting periods.
4 posts Page 1 of 1