The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
GoLinda wrote: It takes all my will power NOT to run up to people I see out walking and say, "do you know about 5:2". So, if anyone mentions diet, weight loss, or comments on my success, my mouth shoots into high gear and spills out every thing I know about 5:2.

This. I'm unbearable.
:lol:
me too...just ask @nikipins :wink:
I always spill the beans if asked - and share this wonderful forum, too.
But I wouldn't say I evangelised. This WOE isn't for everyone; it's tough, whatever anyone says, and it takes willpower (and staying power).
But I'm proof it works; you can change your attitude towards food, but you need to want to do it.

Only once I'm at target - and maintained that for at least 6 months, can I fully say it works!
I tend to have a very 'mind my own business' attitude in general, but with 5:2 I do find myself wanting to spread the word. I'll tell anyone who's interested or asks me how I'm losing weight. I've actually bought Dr M's book for 5 of my friends and family.

What I find interesting is the level of resistance to fasting that I encounter. Reactions like - Oh no, I couldn't do that. Or - I tried it once and it's not for me. Fair enough - as someone said, it's not for everyone. It's just, it's worked so well for me and it's such a flexible WOL with so many variations, I'm sure most people could find a version to suit them with a bit of experimentation.

Oh well. Horses for courses. Live and live. And all the other platitudes. :smile:
shachat wrote: I've actually bought Dr M's book for 5 of my friends and family.
:

wow that's dedication to the cause!!! onya!
If asked how I lost weight I tell and my sister fasted for the first time yesterday. I just think this is the best WOE ever!
Two friends i spoke to today are going to give it a go after talking to me about it. They both said they thought i looked quite vivacious and alive,and were particularly interested in the anti aging/ health benefits,but i am very wary bringing the subject up in general
Some people can be very negative and dimissive about our efforts,like sachat says ..others are " ohhh well it isnt really a fast is it if you can have 500 cals"
I definitely don't "evangelize" but I do discuss it when asked about my plan. I am well into the stage where people notice having lost 50ish pounds. If complimented or asked about it I usually still answer vaguely. I think there are a lot of people who aren't generally interested in the how or in weight loss in general. So, I answer vaguely and then more and more specifically depending on the direction of the conversation.
I just find it bizarre because everyone comments on my weight loss, then goes on to ask how I'm doing it, I tell them, and after they've seen the result, still manage to convince themselves they couldn't do it lol.
But no I don't mention it unless asked then I love talking about it :)
Lil :heart:
LilSmiler wrote: I just find it bizarre because everyone comments on my weight loss, then goes on to ask how I'm doing it, I tell them, and after they've seen the result, still manage to convince themselves they couldn't do it lol.
But no I don't mention it unless asked then I love talking about it :)
Lil :heart:

I must admit when my parents first started doing this diet I dismissed it as something I wasn't interested in. I think it goes against the grain of all the things we've been told in the past by diet clubs, doctors, health professionals etc.

Yet now that I've started doing the diet I find it really easy to do and is the first plan that really fits in to real life.
25 posts Page 2 of 2