The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Well I had a fantastic hoilday. Couldn't have asked for a nicer hotel or location and the food was pretty good too lol. I was dreading the scales this morning though, 10 days of drinks and dessert although breakfast and dinner were mostly healthy meals. So I stepped on expecting a gain between 14/21lbs to be honest. I feel a lot fatter, I can see it in my face. A few dresses felt less loose. To my surprise it was only 7lbs up from the day I left which was 218lbs, so now back to 225lbs. I'm not going to complain about that as I really did enjoy all the food and drink but I'm also looking forward to fasting and eating just 2 meals a day again.

Plane was late, baggage even later so I didn't get home till 4.30am! Had 3 not very restful hours sleep but today is Monday and I automatically fasted. I thought it would be very difficult but I'm happy to say it's actually been a breeze today just how they were before I left. Let's hope it continues through the week as I plan to fast 3 days and get this weight off ASAP!

Hope everyone is doing well. I figure 11 days is a far too many messages to catch up on so I'll just post as usual in the threads I normally wander through.

Jaye
Glad you had a good hol Jaye and welcome back!
Isnt it great you got back into fasting without a struggle! X :like:
Hi Jayegirl! Glad you had a terrific time. Isn't it great to be glad to get back to it and be convinced that you CAN do it! I've never, ever, felt like that before 5:2. It makes me feel very powerful. So, enjoy the week. Your body will welcome it. :grin:
Hello, glad you had a marvellous holiday. Took me two really good fasts to drop my holiday baggage of 5lb after my hotel based holiday in Florida this Easter. So it won't take long for this new water based weight to disappear. Good luck
Whooo HOOO!!!

Lost 3lbs on my first fast :grin:
I was hungry by 11am but it soon passed and managed to get through to 7.30 when I ate dinner.

5lbs left to shift to get back to 217 my lowest before my holiday. I actually gained 1lb the day before I left from chineese take out and 3 glasses of Prosecco lol. So started hoilday at 218lbs.
Welcome back, @JayeGirl, I'm very pleased that you had such a good holiday and that you got straight back to the fasting on your return. As many on this forum will know, I am quite able to pile on pounds and pounds when I go away (just look at my tracker to see the peaks - every one of which is time away from home :shock: ) but it has always been my experience that, as long as I get back to fasting immediately on my return, the weight, most of which is water retention, comes off remarkably quickly.
Onwards and downwards, as we say around here! :victory:
Welcome back, @JayeGirl, I'm very pleased that you had such a good holiday and that you got straight back to the fasting on your return. As many on this forum will know, I am quite able to pile on pounds and pounds when I go away (just look at my tracker to see the peaks - every one of which is time away from home :shock: ) but it has always been my experience that, as long as I get back to fasting immediately on my return, the weight, most of which is water retention, comes off remarkably quickly.
Onwards and downwards, as we say around here! :victory:
Oh, respect @jayegirl - super well done for jumping straight back on the wagon after your lovely holiday!

Am very impressed with your way of looking at things and am thrilled to hear that you have dropped 3 of those pounds already! You go girl!

Finally, if you've got any leftover willpower....please send some my way!!!
Hazelnut20 wrote: Oh, respect @jayegirl - super well done for jumping straight back on the wagon after your lovely holiday!

Am very impressed with your way of looking at things and am thrilled to hear that you have dropped 3 of those pounds already! You go girl!

Finally, if you've got any leftover willpower....please send some my way!!!

(((((((YOU WILL RECIEVE A HUGE WILL POWER SURGE AS SOON AS YOU TEAD THIS WHICH WILL LAST FOREVER - accept on holidays)))))))))
:lol: :grin: :lol:
Thanks all, I was VERY worried I would find it really difficult but to be honest it's nice to be hungry and empty after all those days filling my boots lol. Fingers crossed I carry on feeling inspired. But I have lots of events and I'm excited to firstly get back to 15.7lbs and then to 15.2 which will mean I've lost 4 stone! I find these small goals very inspirational for me.

Thanks again ladies and happy fasting. X
9 posts Page 1 of 1