The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Back on it tomorrow
01 Jan 2014, 15:59
Hello again, I hit my target weight of 11 st 5lb on 1st November, but have not managed many fast days since then.
On 17th my youngest went into hospital for VNS surgery. It went well, but we (husband and I) spent 2 nights in frenchay with her as anaesthetic made her sick. Home for 10 days then back to school for a few days and back home again when her neck wound became infected and she became sick. We spent nearly 2 weeks in frenchay hospital whilst they fought the infection in order to keep the VNS.
I made a conscious decision not to diet over Christmas and am back on it tomorrow. I will be going back to Monday and Thursday fasts. I have no idea how much I've put back on, but I suspect at least 7lb!
But the amazing thing about 5:2 is that I can get right back on it tomorrow x
Re: Back on it tomorrow
01 Jan 2014, 17:03
Same for me Karen. My Dad was in and out of hospital during December. I haven't got on the scales either, probably a similar number to yourself though. I'm getting back to it tomorrow and i do Monday and Thursday fasts too!

Hope your daughter is ok and recovering well.
Happy New Year to you :smile:
01 Jan 2014, 17:23
:heart: Hi @Karenm and Welcome back was wondering where you'd got to, sorry you've had so much to stress about hope alls well now well :heart: You know how to do it and the best time to start etc and I'm assuming you'll weigh-in and then repair the damage done :shock:
My 7day holiday in Oct I gained 5 KGS!!!! with my now new toolbox I'd repaired my damage 10 days later.
♥ You can do this.
01 Jan 2014, 17:28
Welcome back Karen. Sounds like you have had a rough time. Hop on board tomorrow. Have a feeling tomorrow is a big fasting day :lol:
01 Jan 2014, 17:40
Good to see you back @Karenm Happy New Year! X
Hope yr daughter soon well again..not sure what VNS stands for?
01 Jan 2014, 19:56
CandiceMarie wrote: Good to see you back @Karenm Happy New Year! X
Hope yr daughter soon well again..not sure what VNS stands for?

Hi, her wound is now healing well.

At one point I had little one in frenchay hospital, Bristol and my eldest was in treliske hospital, truro! 200 miles apart and nothing I could do but stay with the little one. (Eldest was in for a week with a severe kidney infection and gallstones. Because of the infection they didn't operate, should be done in next month or two. She's 22 and her young man looked after her for me!)

VNS stands for vagal nerve stimulator. It's to try and control her epileptic seizures. Fingers crossed it works!
xxx
01 Jan 2014, 20:29
My goodness @karenm you and your daughters have had a rough time. I do hope 2014 will be kinder to you and all will be sorted. welcome back to the forum :smile: Hope you slip back into this WOL easily :like: :clover:
01 Jan 2014, 21:09
Karenm wrote: Hello again, I hit my target weight of 11 st 5lb on 1st November, but have not managed many fast days since then.

But the amazing thing about 5:2 is that I can get right back on it tomorrow x

Well done @Karenm - I'm sure what you've gained ( if anything) will come off soon - you've hit the nail on the head - you can get back on it tomorrow. Welcome back and good luck, and hope that all is going well with your daughters :heart: :clover:
02 Jan 2014, 03:10
Nice to see you back. Bit of a rough time you have had. I hope all goes well now. Good luck with your fast. :smile:
02 Jan 2014, 06:43
Good to have you back Karen. That is one tough time you've had, hopefully it is settling down now and your folks are getting better.
The stress you have been under will have contributed to any weight gain (the hormonal thing) so don't be too hard on yourself. No beating yourself up!
Like you say, you know how to do it as you've done it before.
Here's to a more peaceful time for you
:clover:
02 Jan 2014, 12:37
04 Jan 2014, 22:31
We managed a fast day yesterday. I'm aiming for a 20:4 tomorrow and another fast day Monday.
:clover:
04 Jan 2014, 22:46
:heart: Hi @Karenm :heart:
Well done on your fast it won't take to long to get back into the swing of things now you have your first one under your belt hope all is well with both of your daughters :heart:
At this moment in time I'm planning a 20:4 tomorrow
and fastday on Monday so will keep you company at least
for the 20 hrs tomorrow first. :heart: :heart: :heart:
05 Jan 2014, 16:51
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: Hi @Karenm :heart:
Well done on your fast it won't take to long to get back into the swing of things now you have your first one under your belt hope all is well with both of your daughters :heart:
At this moment in time I'm planning a 20:4 tomorrow
and fastday on Monday so will keep you company at least
for the 20 hrs tomorrow first. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hi "Sue.Q"
I managed a 20:4 today and am planning on a 24 hour total fast (lots of fluids though) tomorrow with a 500 calorie dinner!
How are you doing so far?

I am determined to have a fantastic week in preparation for our friends' wedding at the weekend.

We arrive at the country manor in Somerset Friday afternoon, (will be doing a 20:4)
German themed food and drink that evening (the soon to be mrs is German),
wedding and christening on Saturday, with lots of food and drink,
then breakfast and home on Sunday, picking up my new baby whippet, Albert, from the boarding kennels attached to the rescue centre we got him from.
Then back to the normal Monday and Thursday fast days with lots of 16:8/20:4 that week!

5:2 is the first diet I have ever followed which is flexible enough for me to plan a 3 day food fest into! I was hoping to not get weighed until the end of February, but have conceded that weekly will give me more control. We are aiming to get weighed to discover the damage tomorrow :bugeyes: I'm hoping to still be below 12 stone :clover:

Albert will be fully covered by his vaccinations when we get home, so I can start taking him out for walks. I've not done any regular walking since poppy was put to sleep in October. He is an amazing little fella. We only picked him up from the rescue centre on Friday and he is already pretty much toilet trained! I only got up once during the night to let him up for a wee and he hadn't had any accidents! (I'm totally smitten, can you tell? Lolx)

:heart: karen :heart:
06 Jan 2014, 16:49
I'm afraid I've been struggling too!
My TMJ has been unbearable. I've also had added dental problems. Long story shory, several vists to my own dentist being told there's nothing wrong, emergency dentist telling me it was a gum infection & given antibiotics, return visit to my own dentist after the antibiotics didn't work - only to be told that there was nothing wrong, severe fever & vomiting for days, emergency dentist on Xmas Eve (sadly, only a private one available) who diagnosed a severe root infection causing pressure on the nerves along my top jaw - more super-strong antibiotics resulting in a root canal tomorrow (eeeeeek!!!) from private guy as NHS still maintain I'm not in pain.
I'm afraid that the sheer misery of constant pain has caused me to eat soft foods which have been naughty. I lost a large amount of weight over three weeks, but then started to bloat & gain despite the vomiting.... So I've indulged in lots of mash. And ice cream. And custard. And coconut oil.
I'll be back on it as soon as my root canal treatment is finished.
Rotten Xmas, over £400 wasted on NHS dentists, large bill from private dentist - no wonder eh?

Hope your loved ones are healthy now, and that you're all feeling happier xxx
17 posts Page 1 of 2