The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
AKA back to reality (plain clothes and porage)
I'm back! :)
Had a brilliant time over the past couple of months between Paree, Glasgow, 'uddersfield, Singapore, Bali, Komodo, Bali again, Singapore again and now back in the sandpit.
I have had great adventures and have eaten for Scotland.
I did 16:8 in Paris and the UK and managed fine although Glasgow was a bit of a downfall- too many good cakes!
Did some serious watching and recovery between the two bit of holiday and manage 4:3 and lots of exercise for the 2 weeks. Then off to Indonesia.
Now, I can't say that the food really hit the spot for me, but that didn't stop me indulging. Diving at dark o'clock in the morning made doing 16:8 not a good idea so it was little and (very) often and sometimes not so little. Theoretically it is a cruise although maybe a wee bit more active as we were in the water 4 times a day. Anyhow, between that and then hitting dry land and the availability of GATO (gelato for those not familiar with the minions) plus a serious lack of exercise (although we did walk for miles) I have no doubt that things have slipped.
Maybe not as badly as possible as portion sizes are lovely! That is SMALL- GATO can be bought in 'pico' which is probably about 2 tablespoons, noodles and stuff are just enough. I never felt stuffed after clearing my plate, although the ship cook was a 'big spoon cook' as I got separate stuff being veggie. Didn't clear my plate though and at times managed 3 courses- a wee drop soup, tempeh/tofu and veg and then cake or fruit. Drink was expensive and I don't like that much. Singapore Sling -yugh! Caiprihna made with cachacaha were rare beasts and after trying it with some spirit that tasted like petrol, they were discarded. Local beer didn't work, local wine was OK but nothing special so it was water most of the time. Except for the one time we drank the place out of arak based cocktails. To be fair we only had 2 each so stocks must have been low!
So, the plan is 4:3 and exercise until the September weigh in when I'll face the music,scales and tape measure.
On another positive note, the legs have been aired and have gone through the paint chart of Scots' Blue, Fireside Purple to white with a hint of beige- I have a tan! Well, on my legs . These horrors don't usually see the light of day partly because of my self consciousness and also modesty for the muslim masses.And all because I'm so much lighter in weight than I have been. Readers, I went out in SHORTS! Shorts that showed knees and thigh (but no buttock- Daisy Dukes are not for me) What a jezebel! I also went out bare shouldered but slathered in DEET and Factor 80 so no change in colour there.

The trips have allowed me to buy clothes which I hate doing but became a necessity and I have three pairs of aspirational trousers. Two pairs have replicas that fit for just now- I bought two pairs of each in the two sizes- 'these fit' and 'not flattering' but bought one pair of rather cute ones in 'more than slightly too tight and producing muffin top XL' So optimistic!
And just to add a little frission into the mix, I start full time work on Sunday. HAven't been employed in this manner for tumpty tum years, although when I do work it is lots of hour. But I'll be going out every day! It's going to be odd. And that's the planned first day back to fasting day.
Wish me luck (hopefully not as 'you wave me goodbye'...)
It'll be fine (she says...)
Och lassie, you sound like a bit of slapper with yer pins and shoulders oot - was there clevage as well :grin: :grin: :grin: . Sounds like you've had a wonderful time. Welcome back to reality :wink: . It is a great feeling showing a bit more flesh and not feeling so self conscious about it - I actually walked about with shorts on recently as well (and people saw me).
Janeg - love the phrase 'aspirational trousers' :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

You sound to have had a fantastic time, envy you going on the sail ship :mrgreen:

Good luck going back to work and with getting back on the wagon :like: :clover: :heart:

And we look forward to the return of the wet fish, not to mention the party poppers, streamers and the hooters :victory: :victory: :victory: :wink:
It sounds like you had a lovely time. Lots of luck for the new job - how exciting! :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1