The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Balance???
14 Oct 2013, 12:37
OOh! Remember in Michael's show, the bit where he had to close his eyes and balance on his weaker leg? He said that balance deteriorates with age. Well I tried it at the time and was pretty rubbish. Fast forward 4 months and I tried it again yesterday and I was MUCH better!!! :like: Now I just hoped that the effects of fasting would stop my body deteriorating, not actually IMPROVE things... or maybe it's my running and gym work that has helped... but I was a lot more steady on my left foot with my eyes closed.

Anyone else noticed a difference in their balance?
Re: Balance???
14 Oct 2013, 12:47
yes, big improvement here too. don't know how much is due to weightloss (lower centre of gravity) and how much to nerve health though!
14 Oct 2013, 14:10
Mine has improved from when I first tested it 6 months ago. :)
14 Oct 2013, 14:32
Ooh will watch out for that! Too early just now.
14 Oct 2013, 16:19
Hi Domane ..i have only been on this journey seven weeks but very early on i found my balance improving
In a general way that is,not the standing on one leg test..
I am always a bit dizzy due to health probs,makes me unconfident when walking or on stairs,but thus has improved quite a bit and it was the first benefit i noticed from 5:2 x
14 Oct 2013, 16:21
Oh God I hope 5:2 helps with my balance, I'm so uncoordinated and fall over/bump into things all the time. Would be great if IF helped with that!
6 posts Page 1 of 1