The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
"Dieters will fall off the wagon today," according to an article in The Daily Telegraph today that is. It's the day that 60% of dieters stop dieting and binge on alcohol, chocolates, bread and other treats!
Now look here, you just can't fall off the 5:2 wagon it isn't allowed! Strong will required and no shirking there my fellow 5:2ers, 4:3ers and ADFers.
Enjoy yourselves......but be careful. :reindeer: :drink: :present:
Why today of all days? Work Xmas dinner? Xmas shopping stress? Weird!
Why today? This is statistics and you know what they can do!
Today is the day I've looked at my diary and realised I cant 5:2 properly till the new year, so I'm thinking of all the strategies I can use, 6:1, 19:5 etc
I think that's very sensible having a strategy Minumonline.
Curious as to why today......but whilst driving the car this morning I have also been planning a strategy for the next few weeks - 16:8 me thinks.
Thank goodness I'm not working in an office this year. Here is the article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dieta ... eters.html
Is it related to today being 'Black Friday'? Although that's a US thing - the first day of 'the holidays' when people go loco in the shopping malls apparently.

Funnily enough I did get the urge to do some baking today and have a load of melted chocolate left over which I'm wondering what to do with ... :confused:
That's all the more reason for me not to fall off the wagon today, then.
johncs2013 wrote: That's all the more reason for me not to fall off the wagon today, then.

I like that attitude John!
And i congratulate folk here who are planning their December strategy!
" damage limitation" is a good idea as there will doubtless be all kinds of goodies being offered round for quite a few weeks now and who wants to say No to everything?
sometimes its churlish to refuse hehe! : :grin:
Good luck to all those in work in offices,shops etc where there may be festive chocs and biccies sitting there waving at you..
its easy to think blow it,i am gonna tuck in,but in fact we still have three weeks in the crimbo tent before its Christmas..so go easy ( but dont beat yourself up if you do indulge)
Like Auriga said,enjoy yourself but be careful!
Its a jungle out there! :shock:
I think that the great thing about this WoL is how it can change our relationship with food, so even when you feel that you've fallen off the wagon the damage is limited.

I recently stopped fasting for 4 weeks to give myself a chance to adjust to a gluten free diet. I was amazed to have only gained 2lb which I've managed to lose after getting back to fasting this week.

Dee
Ach, too busy to fall off any wagon. It means a whole lot of bother later picking myself up, catching up and getting back on that wagon!!
nup.. no way.. Can't happen cause JR (me) and @Ballerinawill be starting public flogging sessions for all the Christmas club members. so no clubber is allowed to fall of any wagon!!!!!
It's the opposite for me today. After 'falling off' these last two weeks, I am back on board as of today and feeling a lot better.

Whilst not fasting until Monday, I am very careful and mindful of the calories and carbs being consumed today and I certainly plan to do the same tomorrow.

Now its only forward and downwards for me, I don't have any Christmas goodies around to tempt me, but I do have my son's wedding in a couple of weeks!

Great article to read thanks rawkaren.

cheers Maggie.
I'm not on a wagon, so I don't care!!!
Anyway, I'm off to the mines, so rubbish, stodgy food means that there will be absolutely NO temptation for me to be naughty as there is nothing to be naughty with!
25 posts Page 1 of 2