The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

46 posts Page 3 of 4
I'm glad that weight is not on the UK or French driving licences, I'd be unable to write down my true weight, as it is I have a slightly inflated height on my passport!!

Bobshouse - I always hate that moment when I get my skies serviced and they ask me my weight :o
Blimey driving licences are bad enough with photos on, let alone weight! So glad we don't have to do this. Have just had a look at my driving license and my picture looks awful - it's nearly 10 years old and I look like I have hamster cheeks as I was rather bigger then. I don't know when we have to renew our licence photos here in the uk but I hope its every 10 years cos then I'll be able to do mine soon.

Which reminds me, I must renew my passport. Annoyingly, to get a new one in my married name I have to buy a whole new passport - unfair and expensive (about £70!). Grr.
Bloomin' 'eck - weight on a driving licence, have I time travelled to April Fool's Day! Not quite sure what to make of that !! :confused:
I live in Kentucky, and, no surprise to me, weight is NOT included on my license. No surprise, because KY is one of the 5 fattest states (probably number 1 or 2) in the country! License has sex, height and eye color, and I am wearing my glasses!

While I lived in Minnesota, I think my weight was fairly close to correct, but back then I was willowy!

Neat thread.
I'm still not entirely sure why your weight is relevant to your driving ability/competence... I had a drivers license when I lived in Oregon and I certainly didn't have to put my weight on it, so must be a thing that differs from state to state... :confused:
Good grief I bet there'd be riots if they made us put our weight on our UK driving licenses! Human rights and all that! :bugeyes:
Funny that this thread got bumped the day I reached my goal. I'm now 2 pounds less than my license says I am :smile: The license has a number that for decades was, um, shall we say optimistic...Do I go in and ask them to change it?

Answer: Ah, no. Go to the DMV (Division of Motor Vehicles) for any reason at all, and you could easily be there for 4 hours. I'm not sure at all how people who can't take time off from their jobs even go there at all...
A funny thing happened. I did put a weight down 20 lbs lower then my actual weight that day since it was believable and I was losing consistently then. I got my new licence and it still had my incorrect 5'3" and the old weight.

I guess it was karmic payback. I now weigh less than my driver's licence.

Our DMV is really fast - maybe because they didn't pay attention to what I wrote down!
My NY State license has only photo, gender, eye color and height. I didn't need driving glasses at that time so I removed my ever-present half-glasses for the photo. If driving glasses are needed, they are supposed to be in the photo.

I imagine the weight and hair color once required were to assist in identification as the Driver license is widely used as ID. I have to show it to cash a check, get a document notarized, etc.

Fewer things in the states are federally controlled, more is left to the individual states, so it's confusing when moving, even travelling from state to state.

DMV here in Tompkins County is fast and courteous--a change from other times and other places.
Actually here in CT we don't have to put our weight either. We renew every 6 years now and that isn't a very reliable piece of info. We do put height. However, when I lost weight years ago on WW. I was once carded and my license had my old picture and the guy didn't believe it was me!

When asked for my weight for other things like donating blood, I usually round down a little bit, but not much.
Oh, I love this international forum! :heart: It's such a window on the world - ideal for someone who rarely travels beyond the nearest town! Who would have guesses that I would have spent a happy few minutes reading about other people's driving licences? Thank you to all those who open up their lives for the perusal of others! :smile:
We have to have put our weight on driver's licenses here in California. Like many of you, I originally put a slightly lower weight and now I weigh LESS than it says!!!! :victory:

I don't think anybody ever really reads the fine print anyway!!!
As an in-between Canadian (more like an American to a Brit and more like a Brit to an American :grin: ), I had to check and only have height. I seem to remember having to put my weight on it in the past and I am sure I lied; likely put my goal weight as someone suggested :lol:
My real weight on my drivers license? Are you kidding? That would horrify even me!
Weird that I would read this when the weight on my license is correct (I'm 16lbs down)! Some years ago (I got carded till well into my thirties, looked younger and WA state is notoriously strict on drinking age), can you believe they almost refused to serve me 'cause my license says "Blue" for my eye color and the server insisted they are "Green." They are somewhere inbetween, depending on what I'm wearing and lighting...but DMV wouldn't put "blue-green" down (that's what I told them....). :confused: My license is up for renewal in February; I'll definitely be telling them the new weight then!
46 posts Page 3 of 4