The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Some of you may remember me a lot won't. You can get the details in my blogs etc. I am a big advocate of fasting, it works for me and as you know many others. But sometimes life just gets in the way. Realising that I had too much stress in my life I took a major sabbatical from fasting followed by a long holiday.

I have found that since I stopped fasting and exercising all the horrible niggles have come back. Back ache, joint aches all over especially in the morning, hot flushes (caused by too many carbs), arthritic wrists, spots, lack of energy, you name it, its come back. If I can stop the hot flushes again it will be a boon, I yearn for a decent nights sleep again.

Just before my holiday my weight had gone up 10lbs from my lowest fasting weight but had seemingly stabilized there. Whilst on holiday I even lost weight with the heat, not having nibbles in and only eating once a day. Coming back through Europe and getting colder showed that the colder weather does trigger my eating though. So once back I weighed myself and seemed to have stabilized again at 7lbs above my lowest weight and my appetite had also settled down again so I felt safe fasting again.

Yesterday was my first fast in a long, long time. This time I was determined not to get stressed about it and held out till 4pm. My final calories were over the 500kcals, but as I said I wasn't going to stress about it all. I couldn't calculate what my calories were accurately as I was freezer diving (eating up all the single portions etc that fill your freezer, before restocking it with fresh foods). Weighing this morning I was still a pound down so I'm happy.

I am hoping for another 40lbs off this time around without getting myself in knots when my set point kicks in. I'm off shopping this afternoon and plan on stuffing the fridge with lots of lovely veg. Shopska salad anyone? (Bulgarian staple).
Welcome back Julie. We missed you and glad that you're back. It sounds like you've done really well and have a great realistic attitude.
Xxx julianna
Good to see that you are back :) You have certainly been missed. Your first fast back sounds fine to me. :) Hope the "no stress" approach works well for you - it should! - and best wishes as you return to this way of eating. :) and trust that your discomforts quickly go :)
MAY remember you! How would we forget you Julie! Great to have you back again and best of luck resuming yr journey xx
Welcome back! We certainly did miss you :-)

Glad to hear you had a lovely trip, and that fasting can fix so many horrible niggles. It's nice to know we have the tools to fix what ails us, and I'm hoping you're feeling 100% soon.
Welcome home. I think the question of cold weather and eating is a really interesting one. I've never read anything about it, but I'm sure it's harder to lose weight in cold weather than in hot weather. I always lose weight in summer and put it on in winter. There MUST be some science about that. This winter I didn't put on weight which is a triumph for 5:2. I think your relaxed approach is absolutely sensible. We're in this for the long haul, so it has to be relaxed, just not too relaxed. I've had to tighten up a bit as I was getting just a tad too relaxed!
Glad to see you back on the forum @Julieathome. Must admit I was getting a bit worried as to where you'd got to. I imagined that you had got locked in your shed and had had a nasty accident with a wooden dildo!! Eeek, my mind wanders at the best of times!!!!
Welcome back @julieathome and yes, you have been missed. For those not in the know Julie and her lovely husband and I met up earlier in the year. What an amusing couple they make, so outrageous in the face of, what for most of us, would be such negative situations but they both had me in stitches with the tales of their daring do and the general ups and down of their rather chaotic yet happy family existence. So lovely to see you back and with such a positive vibe, go girl :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
9 posts Page 1 of 1