The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

56 posts Page 2 of 4
Glad youve got yr power back @peebles 48 hrs no heat,no light is no joke!
@kelkelkester i think you're both really brave...
You remind me of a saying i saw recently," Do something today that your future self will thank you for" xx
image.jpg
image.jpg (51.19 KiB) Viewed 402 times
@peebles not surprised you needed your food, it wasn't by any chance that 22lb turkey :wink:
I'm in tomorrow, well actually today it's 3.30am and I'm hoping to get some sleep. The birds are waking ...........
Yup they're singing here @lizbean! Bless them..its dark but the streetlights confuse them into thinking daytime's here..x
@Kelkelkelster- hard time! Be gentle with yourself.

Thanks @MaggieeI am fasting, sort of. I'm still battling the cold but feeling a bit better today. I did have a boiled egg and toast for breakie so that I could take medication with food but I'm not eating normally and will have a low cal dinner. I bought some chicken thighs. Probably a Caesar Salad, as I have cos lettuce in the garden.
Thinking of you @kelkelkelster :heart: :heart: A sad time but sounds like you are looking forward. Good for you! :)
Just popping in now we are back from lunch. Have consumed my 500 cals already - was doing ok with the salad and black coffee I ordered, but couldn't resist finishing mum's spinach and ricotta torte, nor her raspberry slice, nor her smoothie...!!!!
We do now have the blue skies, and I went for my first sea swim for the season. Rather cool, but certainly refreshing, after my hour's walk along the beach. :)
Hope everyone is enjoying their fast day. :D
Sassy1 wrote: Thinking of you @kelkelkelster :heart: :heart: A sad time but sounds like you are looking forward. Good for you! :)
Just popping in now we are back from lunch. Have consumed my 500 cals already - was doing ok with the salad and black coffee I ordered, but couldn't resist finishing mum's spinach and ricotta torte, nor her raspberry slice, nor her smoothie...!!!!
We do now have the blue skies, and I went for my first sea swim for the season. Rather cool, but certainly refreshing, after my hour's walk along the beach. :)
Hope everyone is enjoying their fast day. :D

Finishing your mum's smoothie, raspberry slice and ricotta torte, made me smile. Quite possibly that would have been me...maybe!
Your first sea swim for the season, sounds wonderful. It's been a weird weather day in Melbourne humid, cool wind, cloudy, light rain and sunshine all before 3:00pm. If you want to experience climate change, visit Melbourne, eh @Sassy1.
So far a very good fast day for me. :victory:

A swift recovery to you, @Sallyo!!!
good morning everyone, I'm fasting today, hope it goes fast for us all. :)
(((hugs))) kelkelkelster keep your chin up hun
In today. Managed two good fasts last week first time for ages so hoping this week's will be as good. Have also been sticking to TDEE because although on maintenance I had let a few pounds creep on and that needed to be nipped in the bud. xx
I'm in.
It's getting cold here now. Happy first fast of December everyone.
Big hugs to you @kelkelster. Sad time for you. I wish you luck with the return to the UK. xx
@Loulou51? sounds like you're in the same position as me! I, too, returned to 5:2 last week. This is now the start of my second week and I am determined not to jump off the fast ship this time (even if Christmas is around the corner). So, I shall eat nothing until this evening and then I shall be having an M&S Pulled Ham with mashed potato and veg...all for a measly 301 calories (room for something else me thinks!)
Good luck today everyone. Here's to a great Fast xx
Bean :heart: :starving:
@kelkelkelstar here's to a new beginning, all the best.
No jumping ship @nursebean you know how it's done :grin:
My day is done, keep going everyone. You can all do it.
[quote="kelkelkelster"]Hi All, I'm in!
"Emotional times in my life at the moment as myself and my partner have decided to go our seperate ways... so I'm moving back to the UK next year. Decision was made last night and there were lots of tears so I feel a bit sorry for myself at work today and feel like stuffing my (puffy) face with carbs."

@kelkelkelster I feel so much for you, I have been there myself. If only I knew at the time when life was impossibly difficult how wonderful my life would turn out a few years later.

I am fasting today as well, still within maintenance range, but with these tempting/testing times, there is no way I can afford not to fast. Slippery slope etc.
One of my usual 4:3 days.

@kelkelkelster - I'm sorry for the stress you're going through. I hope this life change is everything that you need it to be. Good luck with the mundanities of packing as well as your life transition.
@kelkelkelster Been there 4 years ago, thought it was the end of it and, in fact, it wasn't. Someone much better in everything came my way and I am happier than ever so, it may be cliché but keep in mind that the best is yet to come :clover: :heart:

I am in today with a delicious carrot soup for tonight with some sardines on a home made wholegrain bread for fibres and proteins. Call me crazy but I love to fast on a cold cold day :razz: :grin:
Hi everyone, I could do with some moral support here as I've lost my way a bit. Have had a stressful month with work (redundancies) and travelling so I'm struggling to do 2 fasts a week. I'm managing one so I've maintained although my waist has gone up an inch. I feel low on energy and mood generally at the moment.
I know that this is a long term plan and the weight loss is slow anyway but I found this last time when I was doing it, that the weight loss is so slow that it was hard for me to keep going. I'm not technically overweight now but I would like to lose a few more pounds.
I'm fasting today and feeling ok so far although now I'm a bit tearful. Help!
Ruby :cry:
56 posts Page 2 of 4