The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

56 posts Page 1 of 4
Good morning everybody
Happy 1st December! It's quite a warm start to our summer this morning, we have a gorgeous blue sky and sunshine.
Who is joining me on a Fast day journey today?
Hi @Sallyo - I hope you are feeling better today.
cheers
Maggie :smile:
I'm in, @Maggiee. I'm hungrier than normal on a fast day morning. And my coffee machine broke. :cry:
Soooo...power to us fasters! :)
Hi Maggiee. I'm in. Feeling hungry which is very unusual for me. Must be something in the air chinchin. I'll see how I go which a big drink of water otherwise I may have an egg.
Stormy and raining in Pt Lonsdale - Hope it's not heading your way Maggie, blue skies are SOOOOO much nicer! :D
Well I should be fasting today after eating half a loaf of yummy fresh baked bread yesterday, but I am here on holiday with my mum, and she wants to eat out for lunch every day... If I break my fast at lunchtime I find it almost impossible not to eat later, I feel so much hungrier than if I don't eat - a very common experience, I know!
And btw I won't be on the forum much while I am here - we have very limited internet access.
Best wishes to all! :)
Sounds like a nice holiday with your Mum @Sassy1 - we now have dark clouds coming over!
I'm in for my normal Monday fast.Only one this week as we are heading to Ballarat on Thursday for a day with my son.This usually involves a Pub lunch so I don't expect to lose this week.I seem to be maintaining at about 79 kilos.I suppose that is better than gaining so I'll keep up the fasting when I can.Cheers to all.
Checking in..will be fasting and repairing when SnoozyTime has come and gone
@sassy1 have a great hol with yr mum x
@carmelk46..79 kilos sounds wonderful to me! Have a good lunch with your DS x
Good Morning and Happy Summer to all us folks just entering that wonder season. Nice storm yesterday @Julianna, we certainly needed the rain. Sunny so far but storms predicted again this afternoon, typical summer weather of course.
Have a great fast everyone, I need some very good ones between now and Christmas. :grin:
Well, I suppose if I commit to a Monday fast whilst it is still Sunday in the UK.....that will help focus the brain somewhat!! Count me in, therefore @maggiee

Wishing everyone a swift and successful day!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Yes it was lovely hearing the rain on the roof last night Wineoclock. It didn't deter us from bbqing our kebabs while it was sprinkling. Ive got the towels and sheets hanging on the line in the sunshine before it pours for the rest of the week. My poor friend. Her daughter is getting married outside this saturday and theyve just realised it will probably be stormy and they dont have a plan B venue. Haven't had the egg. Decided I will have 2 eggs cooked in a bit of butter with sauted English spinach for dinner. Not hungry anymore which is good.
Xxx julianna
Hi All, I'm in!
Feeling hungry but determined - on my 3rd litre of water already - is there such thing as too much water?
Emotional times in my life at the moment as myself and my partner have decided to go our seperate ways... so I'm moving back to the UK next year. Decision was made last night and there were lots of tears so I feel a bit sorry for myself at work today and feel like stuffing my (puffy) face with carbs. But that is just emotional eating - because I'm upset I'm not actually hungry at all!
I can't believe it's December already - where has this year gone?
Here's to a positive month for us all. :clover:
Thinking of you @kelkelkelster at this difficult time
You' ll feel wobbly for a while but hopefully in the longterm,it will work out well for you x
Congrats on recognising an emotional need to eat and ignoring it x
I'll be in when morning gets here. A predicted high of 18 degrees Fahrenheit, so a lovely Tuscan Bean Soup for dinner.
Sending (((hugs))) @kelkelkelster. Sometimes letting go is healthier than staying put. Blessings that all works for the greatest good.
Thank you @MLCDz and @CandiceMarie, I appreciate your messages so much!
We've definitely realised that whilst we love each other very much, we are hindering each other from growing.
It will be hard for a while but I am excited for the next phase of my life - back home around those I love the most!
I am looking forward to tomorrow's fast! Ever since we got our power back on Friday night I have been stuffing my face. 48 hours of no heat and no light put me into survival mode. With luck a week or two of normal fasting and eating will calm things down.
56 posts Page 1 of 4