The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

34 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Funny fast day feelings?
24 Jun 2014, 08:36
Hope you're feeling better today Candice - it might be a good idea (as others have said) to get yourself checked out by your GP.
24 Jun 2014, 08:41
Where's our girl Candicemarie? Concerned.
24 Jun 2014, 11:28
Thanks everyone xxxxx
@wildmissus how weird you had the same thing! Yes,just like when you've had an anaesthetic for a filling or something...plus the horrible funny heart feelings :confused:

I also must admit i had a carb heavy sunday,so i think@katamac has a point!

The numbness has gone now( hope yours has too WM) Will deffo see the doc if it returns..

Aside from that, i feel grotty,but i do most days due to health probs. Today tho,i feel massively washed out.
So,onwards and downwards hopefully ! I've been struggling with my feed days,but i think i've found a good incentive now NOT to overdo the carbs! I really don't want to feel that bad again!

Thanks again guys for all yr thoughtfulness and good advice, i appreciate it.x

@janeg you made me smile calling the doctor the quack! My mum always used to
say," Going to the quacks!" Havent heard anyone say that for years! :lol:
24 Jun 2014, 11:31
It's usually "get ye to the quack" that I say but someone had already said get ye so I didn't want to be too repetitive! Glad you're feeling better. How strange that you and wildmissus were both odd on a fast day...
24 Jun 2014, 11:39
So glad you are feeling better today!! You had us worried. Hugs phyl
24 Jun 2014, 11:49
Glad to hear you're feeling better. I definitely wouldn't let it go if you get that again. :-)
24 Jun 2014, 12:09
Thanks @TracieKnits no i will deffo be down to the docs if i ever get that again.
@WildMissus you've got to promise too x
But fingers crossed we will be ok if we keep a close eye on the carbs! X
24 Jun 2014, 12:45
@CandiceMarie, I think you and me need to start eating a bit better on non fast days :oops: .

I started today with a healthy breakfast of overnight oats made with goats milk, goats yogurt, sultanas and cinnamon. But.......I had to nip up the town mid morning and I came home with a packet of M & M's and I'm not sure how it happened but they managed to get eaten....by me :oops: :oops: :oops: . Guess what - I felt grotty after I ate them!

I have always known that I should eat better on non fast days now my body is telling me I must.

I do promise that if I feel like that again I visit my doc.
24 Jun 2014, 18:18
glad you're feeling better @candicemarie. I've had the numb (bottom) lip a few times but nothing else. I didn't make the connection between food/carbs and funny lip. Don't know if it was on fastdays or not. Must pay more attention to my body and what I'm eating.
24 Jun 2014, 18:54
Yes @WildMissus we' ve learnt a lesson tho i am still baffled about the numb tongue and mouth thing..and now @justdee has mentioned having it too..the plot thickens..mind you so is my waist with too much mindless feed day eating.. :lol: x
24 Jun 2014, 19:06
I don't have the numb tongue, just bottom lip sometimes feels numb and a bit fat. Well I feel a bit fat everywhere most days but some days bottom lip just feels a bit fatter-er and tingly. Wonder what it is. Do you think it is carbs the day before or after a fast?. Think I will make a note if happens again and try to make the link to what I've eaten or not. I didn't really think anything of it, just thought that's a strange place to get numb, must be lack of salt or something.
24 Jun 2014, 19:20
@justdee ..for me,it was too many carbs the day before fast...too much on sunday and felt awful whilst fasting monday..Which i think accounts for the nausea and feeling so grotty..
Lack of salt can give you cramp in legs,so i guess it can cause numbness in lips/ tongue?
All i really know is i dont want to feel that weird again,so will make sure i dont over carb again..i need to pull my feed days into line.. I' m not losing coz the feed days just go out of control too often,leading to weight gain..i know you've encountered this too on yr journey
:confused: sucks doesnt it!
..ho hum ..we've just gotta keep riding our horses..clippety clop.. deedee,keep on that geegee! :lol:
24 Jun 2014, 19:28
Glad you're feeling a little better today @CandiceMarie Carb overload pre-fast day eh well I certainly know all about carb overload on feed days you do feel like c**p.
Get yourself into the "Low Carbers Tent" for a few tips. :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
24 Jun 2014, 19:31
Yes something to watch candy, note to self: not too many carbs before a fast. I love how this WOE makes us change our eating habits, something most of us have been trying to do our whole adult life. With this WOL we manage to change thing because our bodies have started speaking to us. I love it.
24 Jun 2014, 19:36
I' m going to@Sue.Q..tho i feel unworthy..will have to stand outside the Tent and just shout thru the flap til i earn some lowcarb stripes..
Today have only had 50 g carbs..most of which is a large apple ( 31g)!
Havent eaten it yet tho,saving it til I'm ready to gnaw the table leg off! :lol:
Really havent had nuff to eat today ( feed day) just scrambled eggs for lunch and 2 veg saus with lettuce for tea..only bout 600 cals but hey its not like i will fall down a grid if i miss some calories!
V impressed with yr back to backs Sue.. :like: i only did it once..its for peep with more iron will than i possess! :confused:
34 posts Page 2 of 3