The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Going back to face my demons!
31 Jul 2013, 12:39
Hi all,

I am going on holiday next week, to the place where two years ago I was openly mocked by a bunch of teenagers when I got into the swimming pool. Now I'm almost 2 and a half stones lighter, I'm hoping that I will be a bit more confident :bugeyes:

I know I still have a long way to go, but when I try my swimsuit on now, I feel better about myself. I hope that all of you who have lost weight, and are about to show your bodies at the beach or pool are proud of what you have achieved!
Well Done :star:

Have a lovely holiday :smile:
That must have been horrendous for you at the time! I used to live in fear of something like that happened and so I haven't been swimming in years. Silly that some little d*cks can have so much control over how we feel about ourselves and our confidence.
I hope you have a wonderful time and that you feel fabulous!
What a horrible thing for you to have endured, I'm so sorry and hope you have a really lovely time. You are doing SO well, congratulations and go for it girl, :like: :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
Have a fab time and don't listen to teenagers! They have so many hormones that if it wasn't for their exploding pimples they would explode themselves!!!
Honeybee, I bought a bathing suit last year and it was a bit snug hoping for a little weight loss. I started 5 2 in April and this summer my suit is way too big! Wearing the big suit makes me feel wonderful knowing how far I have come. Holding off on the smaller size until next summer because...well, you know.
Have a great time! You go Girl!!! You can do it! :like: :like: :like: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Hi honeybee I haven't had a cozy on for years because of same fear so sorry the little sh*** upset you at the time but keep your chin up as you've done amazingly well and should be proud of your achievements :like: have a brilliant holiday + enjoy the cozy :clover: Sue
Be brave and rock that swimsuit like the sexy 5:2'er you are and have a great time! :)
Well, I'm back and it went well. I felt fine about myself, not fantastic, but ok, if you get me! I was brave enough to go into the steam room too (no water to hide in in there!) but I survived it. I hope that next year will be even better. Thanks for your replies, you are all such a fantastic bunch and you've helped me so much.
Really pleased that you had a good holiday and overcame your 'demons'. It's great that you felt so much better about yourself.
This year I have been to the local swimming pool with my grandaughter and despite still needing to lose loads, I felt so much more confident getting in and out of the pool and changing. I really don't want my grandaughter to have the same 'hang ups' that I have had all my life!
Hi Honeybee, welcome back and great to hear how it went. Glad you are feeling better about yourself, yep, next year will be even better, :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
Well done Honeybee - glad you had a great time! :)
Hi Honeybee and Welcome back :like: sounds like you had a good time and enjoyed you're new ''interim'' weight, well done just think how you'll be feeling next time you take a holiday. Best of Luck :clover: for the next phase of your journey and getting back into the fasting :clover: Sue
:victory: Yay honeybee. Glad it went well! success breeds success so just think what you can do now!
Well one that woman! :victory::
17 posts Page 1 of 2