The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

42 posts Page 1 of 3
Sydney is one of the first cities to reach a new year. What a spectacular fireworks display it will be in approx 20 minutes.

I celebrated the evening with family and friends and I made a spectular "trifle" tiramusu style full of cream, marscapone cheese, chocolate, marsala, pistachios, glace chocolate and Italian panetone soaked in marsala. (I can fast tomorrow) - picture below. im such a foodie.

you possibly cant tell but its a huge huge bowl that can serve about 20.

christmas-cake-trifle.jpg
My Nigella Inspired Panetone tiramusu style christmas cake "trifle"

christmas-cake-trifle2.jpg
Side shot

christmas-cake-trifle-topview.jpg
top view

recipe based on http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/itali ... tmas_20000 instead of making it a cake i put it in a big bowl as a trife. Also made 20% more cream and put in some glace oranges for more fruit flavour. My panetonne cake had no fruit in it when sometimes it does.

Anyhow happy new year to everyone.

May your new year bring good health and a great figure and a great reading on those "scary scales"

hope to be here for all of the year with my "newfound global friends" and by March or April, in maintenance mode, finally.

Cheers

JR
Happy New Year!!!
Oh wow you're nearly in 2014 already?!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS! :-)

Bean :heart:
Wow, Happy New Year and wishes of a Great 2014 for you and Everyone else.
That pudding looks positively sinful. Tomorrow is another day.
Happy New Year Juliana ! :party:
Happy New Years from Melbs !! That trifle looks sensational.

Cheers MAGGIE xx
Happy new year from Tasmania!
Wow it seems weird - you're celebrating New Year with fab food and I'm sitting here at work :-)

Happy New Year to all and thanks for all the posts on the forum - they make SUCH a difference to my motivation.
Happy New Year

To all our Australian friends hope you enjoyed the fireworks :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Happy lighter and brighter 2014 everyone! :heart:
Just watched your fireworks on euronews

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE DOWN SOUTH. BEST WISHES FOR A GOOD 2014. :grin: :party: :drink: :drink: :drink: :party:

Chris x
If you are all up still partying, happy new year to all down under. That trifle looks amazing @juliana.rivers :like: :like: :like:
@Juliana.Rivers Happy New Year from Perth! 45 mins to go until 2014. I can tell it's going to be a great year with this new WOL!
Delicious looking trifle. Every other diet I have been on would have me thinking "Bloody hell. Will be while before I get to eat trifle guilt-free again" but not this time! If I want a normal sized portion on my next feast day, I can! The sense of liberation this plan offers is just fantastic!
42 posts Page 1 of 3