The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm back
12 Oct 2015, 06:26
Hello dear friends. I have been away for ages and thank you @CandiceMarie and @Katharina who missed me. I had a bad time with the telecommunications company, Telstra, and have been cut off the internet for weeks. This has been very stressful. However today for the first time we have been re-connected and I am a happy bunny. I have had a bit of a fasting crisis as well and it was quite good to work this out by myself and come to a conclusion. This is it. I have been fasting for 2 and a half years. All up I have lost 13 kg and put on 3 again. I am not losing weight. I have been getting more and more frustrated with fasting, not enjoying it, having breakouts, not sticking to 500 calories, lying to myself about that, not wanting to get out of bed on fasting days.... So, I have decided to cut my losses and go to 6:1. I think I can fast strictly one day a week. I'll see if I gain weight. If I do, I'll have to go back to 2 days, but perhaps a break will be good for me. and perhaps I'll even start to lose again if I do that. If I don't put on weight, perhaps I can stay on 6:1 and that will be my position. I have just been away at a Quaker Camp and it was very interesting to hear from other women at the camp who are going on to 5:2 on doctor's orders. Isn't it great! What was new and radical is now mainstream. I do hope they follow up on the forum because that is the best! I have missed you all and I wonder what dramas have unfolded while I have been away. Also I've taken up walking again. I am walking around the block, sometimes with my neighbour and her 3 month old baby and sometimes on my own. I do 4 and a half laps and it includes a hill, so it's good. Big hugs to all, it's great to be back.
Re: Hello, I'm back
12 Oct 2015, 06:34
:clover: Lovely to hear from you again. May the 6:1 work out.
12 Oct 2015, 06:37
Hello SallyO
Nice to see you back, 16.1 is a great idea, just one very good fast a week. Enjoy your walks they always get the happy juices flowing.
12 Oct 2015, 07:24
Yay! Welcome back @Sallyo so pleased to hear from you now your internet has been restored. Isn't it wacky how reliant we have become, it's like the power being turned off. :shock: It happened to me recently and fortunately my neighbour gave me access to his Wi-Fi until my was restored. Good luck with 6:1, one good and proper fast sounds like a perfect strategy to see what's what and help refresh your approach. Catch you later ..... dashing off to work. :wink:
12 Oct 2015, 07:40
Lovely to read you again @Sallyo, I think you have made the right decision to tone down the fasting and reassess if you want to go back to 5:2 later.
I managed to reach maintenance the first time at a weight which I couldn't hold, and instead of backing off I was very strict on fast days and had no control over the days in between, I then stopped fasting properly and ended up putting on 6 kilos! I wish I had chosen to let my weight increase slightly and continue fasting once a week, that would have been a far more balanced approach! I'm currently doing a higher cal fast three times a week as I don't sleep well with 5:2 and it's working very well at the moment.
Good luck with 6:1!
12 Oct 2015, 07:44
Very interested in your experience, @Nicky_94. It's hard for me to accept that my body wants to be this weight, officially 'over weight', but it's not good fighting with it. Lots of people fall off the 5:2 wagon and put on lots of weight so I've been too scared to stop doing it, so I hope this approach works.
12 Oct 2015, 08:24
oh its good to see you Sallyo! Glad youreback x
Yr newregime of 6:1 and walking sounds liek a good plan
I' m full of cold so i' ll go before i pass on any germs!
:lol: xx
12 Oct 2015, 14:05
*waves* to @Sallyo, lovely to hear from you \O/
Hugs to poorly @CandiceMarie, get well soonest honey.
I've found over the last 2.5 years that a change of fasting regime bucks me up no end, I've tried so many!
But like you say, your body takes control eventually and it basically wants to keep all it can get :0@
Keeping the carbohydrate intake between 50-80g a day certainly helps, plus all your lovely fresh veggies, and walking too, hurrah! I was at a country fayre yesterday with much walking, my hip is feeling it today, so easy does it today.
I envy you going into Spring over in Oz, though Autumn is pretty it just means winter is knocking at my door.
12 Oct 2015, 15:04
Good to see you back @Sallyo

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
12 Oct 2015, 15:20
I've missed you too, @Sallyo! It's strange how we miss our wi-fi when it's down! Things have been plodding along here. Not many people posting but, hopefully, lots of people visiting and jogging along 'doing their thing'!
It sounds as if you have found a way forward through the fasting way of life and, if it works for you, then that's great. No-one came into this wanting to be miserable for the rest of their life, so do whatever makes you happy! :grin:
12 Oct 2015, 16:39
I echo that! You need to mix it up don't you every so often? Lovely spring walks sounds perfect!
13 Oct 2015, 08:07
Hello, welcome back, its great to have you!
14 Oct 2015, 21:29
Welcome back from me too! :heart:
15 Oct 2015, 15:51
Hi @Sallyo, good to have you back! :heart: It sounds like you are taking a really measured and realistic approach to your current fasting crisis, I hope that trying something new helps you get your mojo back, I have definitely been there and whilst they say 'a change is as good as a rest', I think when it comes to diet/WoE a change is better than a rest, i.e. trying something different has got to be better than just giving up on all of your good habits! Let us know how 6:1 goes, I for one would be really interested to hear as I've been thinking about trying it myself next time I hit the inevitable fasting rut.
14 posts Page 1 of 1