The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I did 5/2 last year and after many months managed to lose a few kilos.i only wanted to lose 3 kilos,kept if off for quite a few months but now it's all back
I would like advise from those of you who have been doing this for awhile
Should I do 5/2 ,4/3 16/8 or a combination
Was thinking of trying alternate day to lose more quickly
I like 16/8 as I find it easy to skip breakfast. Ut should I do it every day and should I do fasting as well
My problem is snacking especially on nuts .i don't eat much but am very short and middle aged so losing weight is hard.have tried every diet to lose these stubborn few kilos.
Live in fear that the two or three will become five or six as I get older
Any advise wd be appreciated
Thanks
Hi Sarah,
Alternate day fasting suits some people so if your keen perhaps you could try it.
It wouldn't suit me as I love my 'wey hey' weekends when I eat and drink whatever I fancy from Friday- Sunday nights.
My method I'd 5:2 Monday and Thursday eating around 300 calories at dinner with tea and broth ( up to 100 calories)through the day. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday I wait till I need food- usually between 1-3 pm so that is an eating window of 17:7,16:8 or 19:5. Then as mentioned before more relaxed on weekends.
Everyone's different so perhaps try what you're more keen on then tweak if necessary.
Best of luck and welcome back!
Hi Sarah and welcome back. If you are already comfortable doing 16/8 than I'd hitch my wagon to that little pony. Having an eating window does not stop you from fasting as well, if that's what you want to do. You could also shorten your window to 3 or 5 hours rather than 8 or just go for one meal a day, without counting calories, but I would highly recommend reducing your carb intake as much as you are comfortable with and possibly increase your fats a little to help you feel fuller for longer. There is an eating window tent with loads of good advice and also the low carb tent is worth a visit. Hope you have some success, let us know how it goes,

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks ballerina
I remember,
chatting to you last time and value your advice
What do u mean eating window tent ?and what is the buddy tent
I could do with a buddy
Like the idea of 16/8 everyday
Maybe I will do one meal a day plus a light lunch
And fast alternate days for a bit to get back into this
Hello Sarah
You haven't very much weight to lose & that is more difficult & does mean consistently eating below your TDEE on non fast days. Because you like 16:8ing then continue that but keep a record of your calories & having one or two fast days would speed things up. Unfortunately the lighter we become the less we must eat which is difficult for me because I like food but wey hey weekends are good but means eating less on week days :grin:
Good luck returning to 5:2ing & welcome back :like:
Welcome back @Sarahg my biggest successes and weightloss have come from reducing my carb intake so that would be my advice to you also shortening your eating window a couple of days per week, as ballerina has said both the "Low Carbers Tent" + Eating Window Tent have become my most visited and I've taken carorees advice to Debs on page 17 EWT and have just busted through my 4month plateau, good luck. :clover: :clover: :clover:
6 posts Page 1 of 1