The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks, I'm feeling so fed up here. I was going great guns, had gone from 12.3 to 11.5 and was feeling great. All of a sudden I just can't manage a fast day. I was finding it remarkably easy and couldn't understand why anyone would find it difficult when all of a sudden I find myself stuck in feast land!!! I'm only 2lbs up which kind of happens between fast days anyway but I seem to be incapable of getting started again. I wake up every day determined to start again that day and always end up not managing. The only thing I can think of that's changed is the fact that my son's home from college so I'm having to cook again - whilst he was away I was just having to cater for me through the week as my daughter eats at her grans on schooldays. Anyone got any suggestions? Feel like I've been chucked out of heaven :cry:
Ok I believe that you may be plateauing, have a scout around the forums for advice, I haven't had this experience yet, but it comes to most who have lost a good lot of weight. Also I think that you need to set two days to fast and stick with them. Not failing and trying again the next day. It's a viscous circle of disappointment and stress. So then you end up not having feast days and resenting the failed ones. Hope all turns out ok
That all makes so much sense!! I usually do a Tuesday and Thursday and that was working well for me. I think I'll just have 'normal' feast days till then and make it a new week. I think a slow cooker for my son might be an idea too. Thanks Caroline x
Hi,

Go back to basics just 5:2 using your calories when you need them. My son loves casseroles and left overs, he also loves pizza. So on your the day before your fast days make an extra portion that you can reheat for your son..or buy him a pizza.

It can be tough but it does work if you stick with it
It IS all about you... us moms - so easy to get sucked into catering for others. I plan my fast days which includes preparing and lining up all my activities, food and drink.

I fast on a Sunday and try to make it a "me" day and it goes like this:
Food: 12.00 Bounce Protein ball, 15.30 1 cup of strawberries, 18.30 Waitrose Love Life low cal meal.
Drink: 2+ litres of fizzy water
Tea Pigs teas
2 cups of Matcha green Tea (brain energiser)

Activity:
All day - Craft - I plan to do a craft on fast days, keeps me occupied
16.00 Gym session and a relaxing swim

After dinner, I usually soak in the bath and read the Times.

I fast on Weds.too - I find fasting at work to be easy - same thing, plan my food and drink and try to do tasks that keep me busy.

For me, I like fasting as it is all about giving my body a rest - being relaxed and happy. I do have a busy family, but it is vital to make time for me in between.

Maybe try a different fast day? Pick up a new craft?

Be well !
Hi rayjanie. How old is your son, maybe he could cook for himself on fast day. I get mine (21 year old) to cook for himself and his sister. It's also a great way to make them learn how to cook.
Thanks ladies. Forgot about my slow cooker - threw it in this morning and i seem to be coping tonight :)
I have a *VERY* hard time fasting when my "boys" are home (one is 13, the other is my hubby). So generally, on school vacations, etc, I do a combination of 16:8 and calorie counting. Basically, 16:8 means skipping breakfast. It also gives you a good let up on getting a calorie deficit in for the day, without making it too painful.

Also, I don't use the term "feast day" any longer. I find it makes me overeat.
8 posts Page 1 of 1