The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 1 of 3
Amusing article by Caitlin Moran in today's Times colour mag.
I haven't read it, but whats to cope with?
In the case of my husband it means, make me tea/coffee without milk, and expect dinner earlier rather than later :smile:
I read the article -it's hilarious, Caitlin's usual style and spot on. It's basically about the irritability that sets in to some of us when we've gone all day without food. I'd link to it but it's subscription only.
Get v cross with times paywall
Times (magazine?) in which country? Do you have a link please?
Tara25, it Saturday Times magazine - UK - but its behind a paywall, so you have to subscribe to read it online
Here's the link :
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/ ... 823229.ece

As the others have said you have to be a subscriber to read the full article!
Will it become available elsewhere at a later date. I'd love to be able to send this to my husband, but don't want to subscribe.
Hi Nicky,

many thanks for the link but it seems that other than the front page you are unable to read anything else without subscribing, shame but thank you for your efforts anyway,

Ballerina x :heart:
Ballerina - I know, you have to be a subscriber to access!

Umleila - I doubt it, the times are pretty serious about copyright, thet don't give anything away for free!
Nicky,
Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post, that should teach me to read properly instead of seeing what I want to see, anyway, it did look good and thank you for at least whetting my appetite, I will now try to hone my reading and cognitive skills, :grin: :grin: :grin:

LOL, I finally accessed it on lexisnexis through my university library. It was a good read but I'm not sure it was worth the effort...
There's a rather snarky reference to 5:2 dieters in the first paragraph of this pub review in the Evening Standard Magazine, no subscription needed:

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/rest ... 30461.html
Hi Egduf,

Thanks for the link, that lady has a real problem with 5:2 perhaps she tried and failed? :lol:

36 posts Page 1 of 3