The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm back hellooooooo
26 Jun 2017, 08:11
Hi everyone

I'm back. I originally joined this forum under a different name (I think it was jmousey) and was successfully fasting for about a year and then got pregnant. Took a break and came back in 2015 but found it too hard to stick with a very sick baby. I actually lost all the weight I wanted to lose when I got married in December 16 through a combination of fasting (but 700 cals fasting) and slimming world principles. However, some bad luck caused me to comfort eat and now I'm back at 9st 1 and my aim is to lose 2lb per week until I get to around 8st 6. Im 5 foot so not so big and I'm quite happy at that weight. Today will be my 1st fast and I'm aiming for 2egg omlette(if I have to) at lunch and leftover slimming world arrabiatta for dinner. I will be pretty busy today with a funeral tonigth......I also ate a big chipper last night so extremely full.

I wonder are any of the old crew here - I hear it's a bit quiet on the forum now? A real pity!
Re: I'm back hellooooooo
26 Jun 2017, 09:46
Welcome back! Best of luck with your fast day today :)

Yes, it's a bit quiet here lately, worse at the moment because it's summer - it's generally a bit busier during spring and also in the run up to Christmas. I'm trying to do what I can to get the site found a bit more and bring in some new members.

26 Jun 2017, 09:56
Hello @teddybear. I have just replied to another of your posts before seeing this one. Sadly, the forum is very much quieter than when you were here before. I remember you from before and how excited we all were when you announced that you were pregnant! Unfortunately, the forum is a shadow of its former self and there is very little activity on here now but one or two of the 'old-timers' drop in from time to time and we have the occasional newcomer joining us. All the old posts are still available and the advice in them is still very relevant so we advise newcomers to read them for information.
Luckily you don't have too much weight to lose but, if you remember, we always reckoned on an average of between half and one pound a week weight loss, so don't be down on yourself if you can't maintain a loss of two pounds a week. That would be exceptional!
Good luck this time. You have done it before and will undoubtedly do it again. There isn't always a 'Fasting Today' thread nowadays but you could always start one and others may join you!
Onwards and downwards!

26 Jun 2017, 10:38
God ladies that's mad. This place used to be hopping. What a pity. Fair play @moogie for trying to keep it going. I am no help at that kind of thing other than knowing about google adwords.....but even then I know so little. Good to see some old faces but glad to hear there are fresh faces too :heart:
Re: I'm back hellooooooo
26 Jun 2017, 11:53
Hi teddybear! Yes, it is slow, but there are some of us here. It seems to be hanging by a thread, but still hanging. Seems like we might lose one poster, but gain another! Good luck with your weight loss!

26 Jun 2017, 14:58
Welcome back!!

And well done for getting on it when you only have a bit to lose. So many people gain back 20lbs or more before they decide they need to do something about it.

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time with the baby being sick -- all better now, I hope?

06 Sep 2017, 13:19
Another returner here! Changed the name a bit so I can start a new tracker, but recognisable :-) Rather staggered to see my last weigh in was Feb 2014. 3 and a half years later, the weight has gradually crept on. Strange that I found it difficult to motivate myself to start again, even though I did not find 5.2 or 4.3 particularly hard.
Anyway first fast of the new regime on Monday - and still not hard.....
Sorry the forum is not very busy. So many other forms of social networking now I suppose.....

06 Sep 2017, 15:01
Welcome back! We're happy to have you back with us :-)

I know what you mean. The motivation is harder than the actual regime!

09 Sep 2017, 12:41
Welcome back! I'm a returnee too. More weight to lose than you but it's been ok for my first couple of weeks. Good luck and see you here more often.

cilla x
9 posts Page 1 of 1