The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 1 of 3
Re: I'm done with fasting
29 Aug 2013, 03:53
Oh I do not like to see posts like this! :(
How long have you been going for? And with no success?
Good luck to you in your new adventure.
Lil :heart:
29 Aug 2013, 04:08
Ta ta and good luck. I'm sure there will be many more posts like this - fasting doesn't suit everyone.
29 Aug 2013, 04:10
True GMH (unfortunately) I'm yet to see if it's really suiting me (this is my 7th week) but I'm definitely going to keep going up to the 3 month mark and if I don't see a chunk of weight disappear I will reassess.
Lil :heart:
29 Aug 2013, 06:20
Sad to hear that it hasn't worked for you. I started this WOE in January the same time as a work colleague. It has worked wonderfully for me but for my colleague it just didn't happen. Weird. :?: We were the same starting weight approx same height. Her OH and my OH were doing it at the same time. Worked for them too. It was hard for her watching us lose weight when she just didn't. Sadly it seems it is not the answer to everyone's prayers.
29 Aug 2013, 06:37
Even if you're not losing weight you should be getting some of the health benefits. Having said that if it doesn't feel right for you it probably isn't!

I can see you're an active poster :shock: so why don't you stay here amongst friends anyway :)
29 Aug 2013, 06:52
I did 4:3 for most of my loss but boy it really suits me - I love eating what I want and losing weight - I'm happy to diet 2/3 days a week and forget it all the rest of the week. My challenge now is to maintain without feeling paranoid about putting on a kg.
29 Aug 2013, 07:01
Awe, Izzy, sorry to hear you are done. You have been such an active part of this forum and your input has been valuable. I'll miss you. If you can, keep popping in to see us, perhaps one day when things are better for you you might give it another try.
29 Aug 2013, 07:06
Missing you already Izzy. Good luck with the low carbing. Hope you still come back for a laugh x
29 Aug 2013, 07:16
Sorry to hear it. Since you said you are going to low carbs...Chris Powell of Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition has a similar plan for low carbs. It is kind of like 4:3 except your low days are low carb rather than low calorie. He has a lot of info online if you google his name.
29 Aug 2013, 07:40
Good luck Izzy.

Big hug and hope to see you back here in the future.

Lesley
29 Aug 2013, 07:49
I would love to hear a post from you summing up any improvements/benefits you feel you made in the months since you began this woe and did you make any weight loss, reductions in your meds? You and I started at the same time and I have always looked out for your posts and enjoyed them, interesting, thoughtful and feisty!
Good luck in your journey back to better health Izzy! :heart:
29 Aug 2013, 07:55
:cry: :heart:
29 Aug 2013, 07:56
That's a shame, I've enjoyed reading your posts Izzy, I hope you'll still post from time to time and let us know how you are getting on.
29 Aug 2013, 08:10
Aw, Izzy... I so feel for you. Steroids can really mess you up in so many ways and it is is very frustrating!
I hope that whatever you do works for you and I wish you that you will soon be drug-free and healthy and happy!

You've been a star of this forum. If you can drop by from time to time just for a quick hello I'm sure that it will be highly appreciated from all of us.

Best of luck to you, my dear! Stay strong, be patient and never lose your smile. :-)
You will have our thoughts with you, no matter where you are. And this is a PROMISE.
29 Aug 2013, 08:13
So sorry to see you go Izzy, but you know we'll always be here for you if you need us :)

Do you feel fasting has helped you in any way at all? How about the idea of 4:3/5:2 as a low carb approach instead as suggested above? No calorie limits, just a few no carb days each week, sounds like an interesting plan and may be easier than cutting them out altogether. If you decide to try that I'd love to hear how you get on with it.

Best wishes for whatever path you choose xx
33 posts Page 1 of 3