The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 2 of 2
I wont try to weight them. With my luck these days it would be dangerous as I could finish head first and break something else than the top of my foot and one injury is enough :rotfl:

Julie, tell us how it turned out :wink:
I just used the kitchen scales and popped one of my girls on and then the other. Gives you a rough estimate. Mine came in at 1 kilo each, I did it as I often have back pain and spend a fortune in alternative treatments for relief. The things you do eh?

My girls have diminished so while you are doing your experiment Julie I might try the trusty kitchen scales again.

Also someone recently asked how to measure ones boobs for bra sizing so this seems just the spot to provide the technique again.

Bra band measurement = measure snugly under the breast when exhaling, add 2 inches to even numbers and 3 inches to odd. Result is your Bra Band size
Cup size = with a bra on measure your apex eg around your chest at nipple level. The difference between this measurement and your bra band measurement is your cup size
3 inches = C cup
4 inches = D cup
5 inches = DD cup
6 inches = E cup
7 inches = F cup
Caroline, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. :lol: You girls crack me up. :razz:
Xxx julianna
hi ladies (I'm assuming we're all ladies? maybe that's an assumption?)

I think my boobs seem a bit less dense since losing some kgs, but it could just be an age effect. But my darling best friend had (!) bad breast cancer this time last year - she now has one F cup and one scar - another 6 months or so before they'll consider reconstruction. I think she's getting used to being pretty lop-sided, although she doesn't like it. So all of her journey has made me resolve always to love the fact that I have two, whatever the shape or size! In fact I speak sweetly to them while doing BSE (breast self-examination) - which, btw, we should all do about monthly, and so hopefully avoid what my friend has been through - it's no joke I can tell you, although she has blogged extensively about it, and her sense of humour is undiminished, bless her cotton socks! Here is her blog if anyone is interested, she is an amazing writer: http://fightingthefreeloader.blogspot.c ... -food.html
@jools7 very inspiring friend you have there and I really appreciated how she described feeding your inner tiger and just many points of wisdom , sounds like a very beautiful soul and dear friend and I wish her well

Well I was good to my word @julieathome my girls now weigh approximately 500gm each using my kitchen bench and scales method (rough but it'll do). I suppose if you do the math I have lost 13kg and it has to have been significant in my bust as my measurements have gone down 4 inches from 42 to 38 inches and cup size from E to DD.

Strange isn't it that like ones belly, ones boobs might also be hard to lose from
I wish I had that problem julieathome. I don't seem to lose anything off my bust at all and it all comes off my hips and bum. Still, one shouldn't complain! At least I'm losing weight!
carorees wrote: There is a way of weighing them! Take a saucepan or bucket or similar that's big enough to fit a boob in, place it in another bucket/bowl. Fill your saucepan with water to the very top. Lock the door, strip off your shirt and bra. Lower one boob into the water. The water will overflow into the outer bucket. Remove boob and dry off. Weigh the water that was displaced into the outer bucket or measure in a jug (1 litre of water weighs 1kg). That's science!! :geek:

Ah ha. Neat @carorees, but... isn't the density of "boob" likely to be greater than the density of water, so we need to factor in the former to get true weight? :) FatDog

Mine, by the way have shrunk to near nowt - and the disparity in size is *really* obvious now :cry:
FatDog wrote:
carorees wrote: There is a way of weighing them! Take a saucepan or bucket or similar that's big enough to fit a boob in, place it in another bucket/bowl. Fill your saucepan with water to the very top. Lock the door, strip off your shirt and bra. Lower one boob into the water. The water will overflow into the outer bucket. Remove boob and dry off. Weigh the water that was displaced into the outer bucket or measure in a jug (1 litre of water weighs 1kg). That's science!! :geek:

Ah ha. Neat @carorees, but... isn't the density of "boob" likely to be greater than the density of water, so we need to factor in the former to get true weight? :) FatDog

Mine, by the way have shrunk to near nowt - and the disparity in size is *really* obvious now :cry:

Yes, you're right...it's only an approximation, but shouldn't be too far off as we are mostly water!
@gillymary, thank you for your sweet words! and I will pass them on. Takes one to know one, I always say!
on the topic, and there's a bit of a graphic medical procedures warning here - but I do still reasonably frequently anaesthetize for women having either breast reductions or enhancements - 500g each side approx is what comes off the big ones. I won't say what else I was going to say - shades of "Nip/Tuck" if anyone remembers that slightly gross TV show from a few years back. But it has made me much more inclined to love myself and my body as it is. Omg, why would you put yourself through all that for fun???? or in order to stop hating yourself less????? why not just love yourself now???? Of course, for me that's all been a bit turned on its head and I'm having to reconsider my expectations of my body now I'm on 5/2 and things are happenin' - things that I didn't think were possible for me. It's actually quite a head trip! But I'm still LOVING it - the process of 5/2ing, I mean, as well as my body.
I asked about OH how much he thought my boobies weight and he said, very seriously, around 750g each and told me that the best scale to weight a woman's boobs is the man's hands :cool: :lol: :razz:
Oh @manderley you are priceless ... Of course
27 posts Page 2 of 2