49 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: I saw 69!!!!
05 Dec 2013, 02:32
Yipee!!!

Doing a happy dance for you.

Congratulations!! Image
05 Dec 2013, 03:59
thanks it was funny i stepped on the scale and moved it around about 6 time in case either scales playing up or my eyes.

still 69.5.

must admit 2 hours later after i ate a bowl of porridge (my latest Thaing) with honey and a coffee it showed 70.4 but i guess thats how the cookie crumbles. the important thing is that i saw it once ill see it again. i used to say that about 71.5 !
05 Dec 2013, 04:11
Ok, Juliana, daily weighing is fine if you're into it, but weighing after the bowl of porridge is definitely against the rules!

Congrats!
05 Dec 2013, 06:00
Congratulations! I told you this would happen. Very happy for you!
05 Dec 2013, 06:22
Just look at that progress tracker. Well done. You truly deserve this :victory: :victory: :victory:
05 Dec 2013, 06:27
Love posts like this!!

well done you, congrats wheyhey!!!!! :-)
05 Dec 2013, 06:42
ADFnFuel wrote: It could be the effect of a full moon, let's see..

"The force of gravity is proportional to the mass and inversly proportional to the square of the distance.
For a body on the surface of the earth, the distance to the center of earth is about 6,375 km, while to the moon it's 363,104km at perigee. that's about 1/5750. squared that 1/33,062,500.
As for mass the moon is .0123 times the earth, or about 1/8000.
So the affect of the mass of the moon on your weight is about 1/264,500,000,000 times the affect of the earth.
That would have to be one delicate scale."

Nope, that can't be it, so it must have been you. Besides the full moon isn't until the 17th.

Congrats...

Maybe, it might be the recent New Moon because Spring Tides occur at the New Moon as well as at a Full Moon and so, both a New Moon and a Full Moon have the same gravitational effect on the Earth and therefore, the same effect on the tides. That means that if strange things are said to come with a Full Moon, there would therefore be an equal chance of those strange things happening at a New Moon and yet, that same folklore never mentions that.

Anyway, I came within a whisker of joining that 69 club at this morning's weigh-in. When I first stepped on the scales, they initially showed my weight to be 69.8kg before rolling over and settling for bang on 70kg (which is almost bang on 11 stone, and just a few ounces over that). I don't think that you can come any closer to joining that 69 club than that, although this has come at a time when I am not actually actively trying to lose weight. That is a loss of 0.3kg from yesterday's value and was achieved with exactly the same calorie intake as yesterday's calorie intake that led to me staying at the same weight yesterday as on the previous day.

I kind of guessed that this weight loss would happen because of the fact that I had a bowel movement yesterday, and also because of the fact that there is less of a build up of water retention after my last fasting day. I therefore believe that I stick to that same calorie intake once again today, my weight will drop below that 70kg mark (which is ao a new record for my lowest ever weight), and may even drop to below 11 stone which means that as well as joining the 69 club, I would also be recording a weight of 10 stone something for only the first time ever.

However, I had set a target of trying to stay between 11 stone and 11 and a half stone stone at my Monday morning weekly weigh-ins and since I'm currently right at the lower end of that range, I will be relaxing once again over the weekend. Then if I don't get a significant weight gain over the weekend as a result of that, I will then be taking a break from fasting altogether next week to ensure that my weight remains within my maintenance targets.
05 Dec 2013, 07:22
Bring it on ! Rock & roll :lol:

Well done you :wink: Welcome to the 69 club :like: :clover: :heart:
05 Dec 2013, 08:36
@ADFnFuel: try repeating your calculation using the sun instead of the moon - it's much further away but a damn sight bigger than the earth. I reckon for Juliana it makes a difference of +/- 40 grams depending on its position, ie lighter at local noon, heavier at midnight. Best advice is to weigh just before dawn, I reckon, when the effect will be nullified...
05 Dec 2013, 09:12
Wow! I'm so jealous! What a great achievement!
05 Dec 2013, 11:04
Oh what?!!! That is FAB-U-LOUS darling!! Keep up the good work!

One day I may join you...slowly and surely I'll get there. Very tortoisy of me I know!
05 Dec 2013, 11:11
I can well understand how chuffed you are, congrats Juliana! :like:
05 Dec 2013, 11:18
In the words of a certain 'Strickly Come Dancing' judge....."Amazing, amazing, amazing!"
05 Dec 2013, 11:36
Well done! So inspiring!
05 Dec 2013, 12:06
That's certainly another major milestone achieved!
Good for you :D :D
49 posts Page 2 of 4