The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

42 posts Page 2 of 3
@SueQ slap received. :(

@Angie090465 ow ow how many?? Ok I deserve them!

@Betsygr8 I want some of THAT cake :)

Off to bake some cinnamon cake xx I love you all xx thank you xx
Plus I'm going to practice my spelling so that when I tag people it works!!

Going back to bed to get up and start over again!!
I think you should have a bit of cake - sometimes you just have to allow yourself to do that and as Moogie says, you might you don't want quite as much as you thought you did - I've certainly lost the urge to binge as I used to since starting this.

Good luck whatever you decide and for a better day tomorrow!
:hypnotized: No no no! Go for the cheese rather than the cake then your insulin spike won't get you as much! :angel:
lizzieh wrote: @moogie - I love the idea of a clothes swap. More fun than always buying from or giving to the charity shop, even though I know the charity shop is for a good cause.

Has this idea come up or been tried here? Just wondering...

Yeh julieathome brought this up back n the summer..i wasnt on here then but i read her post just a few weeks ago..Moogie seemed to think it was poss ..if you do asearch for" clothes swap" i' m sure you' ll find it x
Hi Minsmum..now where is that proverbial wet fish we keep on here to slap people with

Its all relative..i wd be thrilled to be a size 14 ..baggy or not...

I understand your cake fight..i am wrestling with the idea of Marks and Spencer choc teacakes ( left over from a bday teaparty for a friend..i should have made someone take them away..a friend is calling in soon, i am going to make sure they leave here with her..)

I love what Karen said..you have come too far to take orders from a slice of cake and think we sh'd take that as our mantra..
But if you DO have the cake,keep it a smallish slice,enjoy it,then move away from the cake...
It wont do too much harm x
** walking away murmuring to self,
have come too far to take orders from a chocolate teacake**......
[quote="Minsmum"]@SueQ slap received. :(

@Angie090465 ow ow how many?? Ok I deserve them!

@Betsygr8 I want some of THAT cake :)

Off to bake some cinnamon cake xx I love you all xx thank you xx[/quo

ooooh I have been tagged!! :grin: glad it worked Minsmum, cinnamon cake sounds gorgeous mmmmmmm!!!!!!
enjoy :grin: :heart:
hey there, have you tried ebay for some clothes? I have been buying lots of very cheap great stuff and you know what some of it has been to big when I get it. I then have resold the item and found something else in a smaller size. I had a jean skirt which I absolutely loved, a size 10, and absolutely jigunda on me. Sold it and bought a fantastic size 8 jean skirt for £5 on ebay. Its getting big too! Oh and I would just have a slice of cake if you need it. I bet once you give into it you will realise its just not such a big deal! all the best to you, pm
Whether it's cake or cheese you're craving Mimsmum I'd have it and be done with it as otherwise you'll nibble half heartedly on an alternative which won't really satisfy you and will only provide you with extra calories you're not really enjoying, you'll still eat the cake anyway so go for first as last!
I'd repeat what Moogie suggests and have it as a 'meal', maybe cut up in a bowl in small pieces and mixed with sliced nectarines, strawberries, greek yogurt. I often do this myself and find it satisfies the urge. :wink:
Sending motivational hug + my opinion - this is probably too late to do any good now, but I think you should not only not fast today, I think you should go a bit mad.

Eat cake. Eat chocolate. Eat cheese. Eat the table, if you fancy it. Go completely mad and have an almighty binge. You're likely to feel bleugh (particularly if you ate the table) afterwards, but you know what? You'll have got it out of your system and I suspect you won't put on much weight, but if you do, you know you can lose it again.

The important thing, if you do go mad, is to put an finite end to it (tonight, Saturday night, whatever) and schedule a fast after it. And most important, DON'T beat yourself up.

Isn't the whole point of this WOL its flexibility and do-ability? If we're still playing peek-a-boo with a slice of cake, then what's the difference between this and WW or SW or Atkins or any other conventional system?

Oh, and as for the clothes - very irritating I know (love that pic with the baggy trousers) but rather nice not to have the opposite problem, eh?
I'll second the eBay idea.
a - it's fun
b - it can become an obsession thus keeping you off cake
c - you can waste a huge amount of time on it and not spend anything (or do what I do waste a huge amount of time and er.. spend quite a lot)
Wet fish - slap
Eat what you like - slap
Slap slap with wet fish
Make no bones about it
Enjoy a day's eating and then..
slap slap... huge turbot

Back tuit, girl!
Eeewwww wet fish....well I guess I deserved that for my fasting panic attack. Gosh never had one of those before. Not impressed.......

I made cinnamon cake, I haven't had any yet, but I have had my 500 cals, well actually it was more like 600! Meh !

And now it's in the kitchen, calling me like an evil seductress. My house smell like heaven, well like a cinnamon heaven and it has calmed me down. Its funny but i actually felt a wave of calmness wash over me as it baked! But I have to go out now and sit and watch Min train in the pool for an hour, wouldn't look good if I sat there making crumbs whilst the squad do drills!! So I can't have any. YET !

Thank you for all the slaps, I appreciate it so much in my fasting hour of need xx

And the cake??? I'm having it for breakfast tomorrow with a strong filter coffee. bliss :)

Minsmum x
Yay minsmum! Enjoy that brekky ! ;0) x
Well done Minsmum! I too have found that preparing food very calming. :)
42 posts Page 2 of 3