The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

118 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Aaawwwww yes, Miffy! Cute, fury and a tad drowsy I might add...
Tried to put my own kitties on but can't make it work. Had them on before but it wont work this time. Probably me being stupid. Still, hes a nice little fella isn't he? :smile:
Absolutely!
Hi Miffy cute new avatar, I have also tried to put my little Jack Russell in as my avatar and could not get it to work. One day I will go back to Dom's post and see if I can conquer it.

Oh Ballerina not the dreaded elipator that would take the smile off puss's face, oops! Thanks for your clarity in your response on previous page. Tee hee with the Moses, it conjures 5:2 etched on a stone tablet. Believe me I only had to seek a different way for my needs and wanting to get on towards my goal for health reasons. I am slowly heading to healthier BMI.
Elipator??? ;-)
Oh just up and don't have my spelling brain on yet and am post 5:2 day ... give a girl a break
Epilator, epilator epilator........there I can spell it really!
I thought it was some sort of elliptic epilator for more pain. Or more pleasure. Whatever... :-)
But would an elipator be less painful? Either way I don't think kitty would be amused! I was jyst thinking of trying to unearth Dom's post with the avatar instructions. Maybe my brain will work tomorrow (fat chance of that!!!). Tonight I shall stick to forum browsing and crochet.
Thanks Jemima, thats saved me a trawl. Ideally I really need to try and get a new photo. I found a really old one the other day of me weighing a good 4 stone more and looking scarily awful! It would be good for one of those twizzly avatars.
My kittie avatar happened by following Dominic's instructions. :-)
Oh my goodness all the best with that miffy, sending you good techno vibes to accomplish a twizzly avatar. You go girl!
TML13 wrote: Anyway, to reply to the initial post...

Secondly, as Miffy said, not all of us is fortunate enough to lose with just 5:2. We need something extra

back to topic

I wonder if some people are tyring to "rush" 5:2 in its simpler form without the "extras" and the "variations" and the "tweaking" and running it in conjunction with other eating methods. .i.e. they see the average 1 pound a week loss often cited and think something is wrong with the base diet for them because they are not achieving such results. (mine is half the average, for instance)

I hear these thoughts often on the forum here and i dont go to any other forum

"Ive started the plan, but its just not working for me"
"I wish i can move off this plateau ive been on for weeks"
"Am I doing something wrong.. has anyone got a suggestion for me"
"I'm different.. it just doesnt suit me"
"I'm getting fed up and this is doing my head in"

"Why dont I lose weight faster" per this thread. 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html

Without regurgitating the comment on that cited thread above,

are we just all too impatient for results? - hence why we are tweaking and changing things around so much.

maybe just maybe if we gave it all more time the variations would be less important. after all a lot of us here have only given it 2 or 3 months and 10 months at most ... and thats not a long time when many have been carrying excess weight for years, if not decades.

More time may just mean giving it 2, 3, 6 months or even a year in some cases.

just my opinion.. i'm totally comfortable that people vary it up. humans think more than any other in the animal kingdom and that makes us all the more interesting creatures.

but.. is it just that many of us cant wait for our bodies to react quickly enough? and then think 5:2 is not really working? - are we just too impatient and it would happen without the fuss eventually

not that its wrong to speed things up or anything.
btw this is non judgemental and without prejudice.
I think thats true for some people. However, if after a month one hasn't lost ANY weight, it is probably time to reassess. (Plateaus are a different matter)
Well, having read this entire thread, I may go back and calculate my TDEE again after the weekend, as I have been gaily 'eating what I like' on other days and seem to have hit a plateau, which is hardly surprising! Also am just on the edge of a 40 hr fast, which mine tend to be as I never have time to do breakfast until I come back from work (a couple of hours at 8 am). So will have to wait and see if the weight loss kicks in again or if I will have to change track. Having been a continuous dieter, yo-yo ing since my early 20s it has been nice to be able to 'eat what I like' on feast days but am now wondering if it's time to rein in! Cheers folks and good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
118 posts Page 4 of 8