The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi nanou
Just reading what you wrote.you sound like me 10 years ago
And guess what? I am still at it
I too only have a few kilos to lose which I keep loosing and then re gaining
I too have an overweight mum who is probably the reason of all this
I too want to weigh what I did pre kids(who are now adults)
Mad mad mad
I once said to my husband all I have ever done in my life is dieted
And believe me I am not fat
I want a bmi of19
So,what can I say to help you from what I have learned
I think exercise helps me a lot
I do power yoga a lot which makes me feel good about my body
I feel strong and flexible and it relaxes me and I see lots lots of gorgeous healthy bodies around me doing amazing things
The other thing tht has helped me is to get into the rhythm of healthy eating and fasting and then not focusing too much on it, I find if I am too obsessed the wright won't move
Just enjoy your life ,exercise ,be happy
Good luck
Thank you, Sarah, it's great to hear about your experience with similar problems. Running really does seem to help me with body image and confidence, and it stops me from obsessing about weight too much. It also cuts my appetite right down, for some reason.
Nanou wrote: It also cuts my appetite right down, for some reason.

Really? I wish mine did. I run around 50kms per week and am definitely hungrier!
22.1 sounds like a great figure to me .. both a "figure" and a "figure"

Keep it at 22 and no need to fret to get it to 21 something.

that is given BMI is the right indicator. Have read it has limitations as a measure of "what should be our target weight" but quite frankly i dont understand the contraversy over it. I probably need to do some good reading.
I just want to add my 2bobs worth: sounds like you are thinking really well about this. You're understanding the pressures that are put on women to look 20 years old into their 40s. You are recognising the idiocy of this and are looking at freedom. Well done! Let's focus on our health, like you say. Let's care for our bodies in a healthy way that allows us to look our age.
@Nanou you don't actually say whether you're trying 5:2 or not....well I can't find any comments about that....Some fellow members just do 5:2 for the health benefits. Are you trying 5:2?
I agree that health is the most important but you still have to be happy with your size. I was a size 12/14 at BMI 22 and was fat, even if it is within the healthy BMI range. I'm a lot happier (and healthier, it is much easier to run when lighter) with a BMI of around 19.
It's a choice, but you have to love yourself as you are, and if that is 6kgs lighter then you can lose the weight if you want to.
23 posts Page 2 of 2