The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Not very happy at the moment because my weight has shot up to 10' 11LBs now and I can not get back on 5:2 and I keep trying to have a fast day but always fail.
And on Wed 10th we are off on a 3 week holiday in our touring caravan to Bognor Regis for a week then to Porstmouth for two wks, do I just enjoy my holiday and start when I get back or try and do some fasting while away?
I did so well getting my weight off on 5:2 and now It's a struggle to keep it off!!
On a good note just signed up to do a Park Run which starts tomorrow and I'm going to join a running club after we get back from holiday and I'm going to take my trainers and try to get my 10,000 steps in every day hopefully :-)
Just needed to vent my disappointment at myself.
Hi,i remember how well you were doing x dont beat yrself up,lots of us have lapses ( ive had several!)
If i was you, i wd enjoy my hol,eat carefully but with treats too ( youre on holibobs!) keep active ( but relax too) and focus on fasting and running when you get back
Take a look here too...fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/the-really-rather-wobbly-needs-a-bit-of-support-tent-t14129.html
Above all..have fun and enjoy yr break! X
mariondot40 wrote: Hi all
I did so well getting my weight off on 5:2 and now It's a struggle to keep it off!!

Hi Mariondot40. I'm in the same boat. I did well, stopped for a while due to injury, and the weight started piling back on. I finally successfully started doing the fasts again last week and already feel better. I had forgotten how hard that first fast food be, but also forgot how good I felt the next day. My mood is better, I feel lighter in spirit and in body, and I am already noticing a change in my appetite and cravings. My advice would be to just concentrate on doing one day of fasting. Don't think about doing it forever. Just try to accomplish one day and see how you feel. For me, I seem to be back on board and now the subsequent fasts aren't hard at all.
Hi @Mariondot40 I remember you too! sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, I agree with Candy, holidays are for enjoying so do just that :smile: while you are disappointed and frustrated my question is are you 'stressed' at the moment? You might find the holiday makes you relaxed and you might feel able to follow kbeagle's great advice to focus on completing the ONE fast. As kbeagle says it's cracking that first one from which the good feelings flow. I'd choose the ONE fast day to coincide with a full days walk (so your mind and body is concentrating on your surroundings and not on the fast) and round the day off with 500 cals and an early night, be that on holiday or when you get home. We will all be here to cheer you on :clover:
Cheering you on from the sidelines. Good luck :clover:
Getting back on track, I'm finding it very helpful to tell myself I don't have to be as stringent as before. I'm having a bite if I get very hungry after noon and eating a little bit more at dinner. I'm not counting so ferociously before meals, but when I do figure out what I've eaten, it is only about 150 calories more than before,

It has got me through 2 weeks and 4 fasting so far, and the weight is responding. So I would say, change things up a bit from what you did before and make it easier to live with. Some fasting is a lot better than none.
I can completely sympathise with you, I have failed to impress so far, a combo of job, new job, new continent, staying in a hotel etc. etc. i'd maybe skip brekky and eat at lunch and try just missing meals if you aren't doing anything fancy, that way you can start to retrain yourself for when you hicth your wagon back up, that's what I'm doing until I can fully commit again!
7 posts Page 1 of 1