The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Occam's razor
07 Jan 2014, 10:56
Do it for your health, not your weight.
07 Jan 2014, 11:12
Great thread subject Penny! My advice would be the sooner you start, the sooner you'll see results! No need for any special foods, diet shakes, supplements , club memberships or books, all the info you need is here on this forum for FREE!!
07 Jan 2014, 11:18
Be ready to make a real commitment for the rest of your life, not just until the time you'll reach your goal as it's not a diet but a new relationship with food
07 Jan 2014, 11:28
Wow! How to follow all those wonderful comments?
Listening to what your body wants better than that whiny voice in your head?
Mute the sound on tv adverts, cuts their bite by half?
Be realistic, this is achievable with some commitment?
Have a happy day :0)
07 Jan 2014, 12:36
Don't worry if you mess up - try again tomorrow.
07 Jan 2014, 13:15
What a great thread and so many good replies. I need to write all of them down on post its and stick them around my kitchen and office

For me its ... believe it or not my body knows best and it tells me it feels so much better when I'm not bloated and over full, so I listen to it, and if it tells me it wants cake then I wait 30 minutes, if it still wants it then may be I really do need it :-D
07 Jan 2014, 13:34
Just keep going and enjoy the journey it's a way of life for you now :heart: :like: :smile:
07 Jan 2014, 16:59
Hungry?? Duh, that's how it works
07 Jan 2014, 17:10
Fast days are the safety net for reducing calories & re-educating your food choices & appetite.
07 Jan 2014, 18:26
I suppose I have a couple of things I bear in mind

I am NOT going to die if I don't eat until tonight (but I have my oatcakes if I need them).

I WILL feel fabulous when I get up tomorrow (especially after a lovely healthy hearty break-fast)

oh and another...

I am NOT defined as a person by the amount of space I do or do not take up!

And debs I'm with you on the milk in the tea - I can do the odd black coffee but black tea is not going to happen!
07 Jan 2014, 18:28
Fasting is a foolproof way of reducing calories.
07 Jan 2014, 18:34
Oh sooooo much good advice and words of wisdom - great thread @PFT :like:

Mine would be: It's only a day (or 24/36hrs depending on how you're 5:2ing) - normal service resumes tomorrow :bugeyes:
07 Jan 2014, 18:43
Wow, thanks guys!
36 posts Page 2 of 3