The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

49 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Oh, why do I eat bread!
07 Aug 2013, 06:43
Wineoclock wrote: I use the sourdough starter and recipe from The River Cottage Bread Handbook.
And I use tap water.

I wished I'd seen your post Wineoclock, before sending mine. :grin:

I've adapted HFW's timings so we can have fresh bread for lunch.

I've settled into refreshing using white flour, but rye really gets it going.
07 Aug 2013, 07:46
http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitche ... 26ifz.html

The above isnt a true sourdough because it uses yeast, but its really good. It says to make the dough the day before but my SIL has made it in the morning and said it worked just fine. I cook it in my cast iron pot then take it out for at least 10 minutes and cook it on the oven shelf to make sure the bottom is cooked. Its also good for impressing your guest when you say I made it myself :grin:
07 Aug 2013, 08:21
I just bought my first loaf of Genius bread which is gluten free. I'm not intolerant but I've read a few articles on how modern wheat bloats your stomach and also makes it hard to shift some belly fat.

The 'free from' sections in our UK supermarkets are growing, so although it's more expensive than regular bread, there is a wide variety of breads, cereals, biscuits, cakes etc. all which don't contain gluten.

I'm going to switch to this type of food for 2-3 months to see if it makes any difference (aside from hurting my wallet a little more!).
20 Aug 2013, 19:41
DanKent wrote: I just bought my first loaf of Genius bread which is gluten free. I'm not intolerant but I've read a few articles on how modern wheat bloats your stomach and also makes it hard to shift some belly fat.

The 'free from' sections in our UK supermarkets are growing, so although it's more expensive than regular bread, there is a wide variety of breads, cereals, biscuits, cakes etc. all which don't contain gluten.

I'm going to switch to this type of food for 2-3 months to see if it makes any difference (aside from hurting my wallet a little more!).

Carefull with gluten free as they replace it with sugar to get the taste and sugar is nothing but a carb with no nutritional value. People thinking going gluten free means they lose weight but in the end ending gaining due to the high calorie contents of the items due to the sugars
49 posts Page 4 of 4