The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
@wendydarling can you help us out here as I recall way hey gained traction on the 5:2 + 16:8 thread
"WEIGH, HEY & UP SHE RISES" is a sea shanty, could it originate from that?
coffeetime wrote: "WEIGH, HEY & UP SHE RISES" is a sea shanty, could it originate from that?

I should think so, as it is the refrain of "What shall we do with a drunken sailor?".
That is the song I posted earlier on this thread.
Hey @gillymary, I couldn't remember who it was but I went searching on the 16:18 thread and found this. Thanks to @Azureblue we have a whole new made up language. I love it here and I still love 5:2+16:8 :smile:

As far as I know it means all the suggestions above plus my own favourite, Reckless Abandon. Especially enjoyed on a Friday evening at the end of a long week :like:

Re: 5:2 + 16:8
by Azureblue » 31 May 2013, 20:41

How do we feel about Monday and Thursday 5:2, Tuesday and Wednesday and Friday 16/8, Saturday and Sunday WAYHAY anything goes (in)?
smiling engenders happiness, give it a go
These users thanked the author Azureblue for the post (total 3):
dutchgill • gillymary • Ballerina
mummybunny2005 wrote: This is driving me crazy - I'm sure I've seen it in one of my kids' books - WHICH ONE IS IT?! I'm thinking it was said by some kind of imaginary creatures who dropped into a hole and a magical world (but isn't that the gist of most kids' books?). I think I know the book - I will check my son's room tonight.

I think you are talking abut 'Alice in Wonderland' there.
for me "wa'hey" harks back to the mid 90's and Chris Evans on The Big Breakfast. can't recall hearing it before that.
Your 5:2 librarian speaks .... Now then, shush you lot and listen up! :wink: :wink: :grin: :grin:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/wahey

So it's official! Oxford Dictionaries sez so :victory: :grin: :like:

Now we can 'wa hey' on all we like :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only one day to the weekend (WA HEYYYY!!)
Moogie wrote: for me "wa'hey" harks back to the mid 90's and Chris Evans on The Big Breakfast. can't recall hearing it before that.

(Yes Moogie, it sounds like it would be a quintessential Chris Evans expression, lol!)
SianS wrote: Is the American for Wey Hey, Yee Haa?

Just askin'

I would say that, as far a my experience goes, 'Yee Haa' (sic) would be a very good US equivalent of 'wa hey', Sian :grin:

(Just glad I'm over the pond, and not in New Jersey :shock: :cool: :cool: :grin: )

Any US peeps who would confirm??
I don't think Yee Haw is the right thing. I live in the country, very rural and nobody really says that unless it is said as a joke. Like making fun of how hillbilly, country, and redneck you or someone else is.
Would woo hoo be the American translation of way hey? We are truly divided by a common language. I love it! :like:
Yes, 43tweaker, as a Yankee, that's just what I was going to say--sort of a mocking imitation of what rural people are thought to sound like.

Yes, woo hoo is more celebratory, more like Way hey, I think, shachat. Although, as a person in her 70's who doesn't "do" TV, what do I know?
Yes, I think woo, woo hoo, and woot woot are more commonly said. Have you ever seen the How I Met Your Mother episode where Lilly talks about "woo girls?" They get excited easily, basically cheerleader types who go around saying WOO and being happy, peppy, excited a lot.
I did some way hay last night and I plan to do some tomorrow and on Sunday too!!!

I'm a YAY girl meself. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
33 posts Page 2 of 3