The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 1 of 3
I'm an aussie and I think this term is very English. I've never heard it until this forum :smile:
A feeling of joy, achievement, naughtiness, daring, elation.....
Well, I think a way hey is the same as "eating for Britain." But, what do I know...I've only just figured out the difference between cheesed and chuffed. Each time I see them I have to concentrate on which one is good and which is not. AND, it is the opposite of what I would think... chuffed sounds like huffed (sometimes I get huffy, and that is not good.) How could cheese be bad?! I LOVE cheese. lol
I thought it was more American...

I'm thinking there was some movie or book where it was a common exclamation - I think it was kind of a kids' movie/book - can anyone help me?
It's what we did in the 60's when time was young and the world kneeled at our feet with adoration.
Whatever happened to free expression and unbridled enjoyment?
I think you're seeing things like people having a 'way hey weekend' - meaning that they had an anyhting goes weekend in terms of food, which was probably excessive. More generally it means joyous, happy, and a bit naughty.

No idea where it comes from though or how I know that LOL.
Way hay is an expression of joy and excitement and happiness!!!

Not to me mixed with Wha Hae which is Scottish for "who have".

Here's a very nice song which includes "way hay" in the lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RWtdm81WU
Is the American for Wey Hey, Yee Haa?

Just askin'
That I don't know. Possibly...
SianS, I suppose you could say "yee-ha" is analogous to "way-hey", though if you ever uttered "yee-ha" in my neck of New Jersey (Tony Soprano country) with anything other than extreme irony you could find yourself with a couple of broken kneecaps ;-)
I'll bear that in mind mummybunny :smile:
I presumed in relation to this forum it means to relax enjoy the day and eat normally without the worry of restriction
Gillymary, something like eat, drink and be merry? ;-)
Yeah TML I forgot to mention that important ingredient tee hee
This is driving me crazy - I'm sure I've seen it in one of my kids' books - WHICH ONE IS IT?! I'm thinking it was said by some kind of imaginary creatures who dropped into a hole and a magical world (but isn't that the gist of most kids' books?). I think I know the book - I will check my son's room tonight.
33 posts Page 1 of 3