The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
OMG IM Starrrrrvvvvvving
30 Dec 2013, 18:29
Ladies Help

I started my 4:3 today and started with a fasting day i have had 4 slices of toast and black coffee all day apparently i still have 100 calories to still use but not sure on how much i believe in the calorie counter :-( cant believe how hungry i am and i am doing so much to keep busy too

how do you all get through this while you and your body is getting used to it ? :bugeyes: :bugeyes:
Re: OMG IM Starrrrrvvvvvving
30 Dec 2013, 18:35
Hi there

Toast is not fast friendly, not very filling and carb & cal high. Think more towards vegs. Veg curries for example home made come in around 150-200 cals, add a bit of cauliflower rice and voila, a very filling meal for 250 cals. One slice of bread could be 120 cals alone without any topping :shock:

Have a re think about your fast food. Keeping with toast will have you hungry in mins and craving more food !

First few fasts are hard, but there is alot you can eat within the allowance which will help hugely.

Good luck :like: :wink:

Edit - Check out the recipe section for ideas. Soup is also your friend especially if home made so you know whats in it :smile:
30 Dec 2013, 18:45
Hi @Minigill

thank you hun will do that thank you i really just have to be strong thank you i do agree i shall not be having toast again xx
30 Dec 2013, 18:50
Hi Torzy,

Minigill got it 100% correct about the toast. Most folk on here find that on fast days minimum carbs work best as you get a lot of food for your calories and the lower the carb intake the less likely you are to be 'Starrrrrvvvvving'! :starving: :cry: :starving: It takes a few fasts to work out what suits you best so keep going, experiment a lot and you will get there, good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Dec 2013, 19:14
:heart: Hi @Torzy82 all good advice given to you and because we were used to eating 2or 3 meals daily your mind is still in that wrong groove you are far better trying to go all day its much easier than it sounds, OH my the carbs are bad enough but bread on a fastday is a NO deffo!!!!
Reducing my carbs has helped enormously to lose the 50lbs and I've just about given bread up and honestly
don't miss it.
This amazing WOL is worth a few sacrifices along the way but you need to want to do this :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
30 Dec 2013, 19:15
was thinking about this a bit more in the bath, like you do !

How about a couple of ready meals, M&S Count on Us which I can recommend. Just check they are for one person ! No counting cals or worrying about what to eat, and quick, filling and easy. Other supermarkets are available of course :lol: M&S were doing 3 meals for £6 a week ago.

Some of them do feed one person, just check the packaging. This would take the pressure away for say a week whilst you get your head round this new WoE and also how the body reacts. Could add say a soup if you feel you need to eat twice a day. Everyone is different to what works and experimenting along the way to find a pattern.

First few fasts are a bit of a wake up call, however, results are WELL worth it :)

Lots of helpful people of here 24/7 with our friends across the water in far sunnier places than here :like: so there is always someone around if you want to ask, shout, rant etc :)

Keep the toast for another day and enjoy it more on a feast day :wink:
30 Dec 2013, 19:18
I used to eat breakfast when I first started fasting but I now find it easier not to. I used to have a bowl of porridge with skimmed milk and a few blueberries. Used to set me up for the day. You will soon find what is right for you. Fasting basically is about eating good healthy foods. Stick with it and learn along the way! Good luck : :clover:
30 Dec 2013, 19:20
me too, I have had only one breakfast in 6 months. Before that, every day... in the brain, you MUST eat breakfast for years, decades, whole life :lol:

Nah, don't need it :victory:
30 Dec 2013, 19:34
Welcome from me too. Great advice from others here. Fast day friendly foods:

Eggs
Chicken or fish with list and lots of veggies (preferably green). Check out some of the Hairy Dieters recipes for curries etc. You need flavour!
Berries
Plain yogurt (fat and sugar free have lowest calories). Check out Fage 0% Greek
Soup. Check out the garlic and cauliflower soup recipe on the forum somewhere.

Could never fast on toast. I'd never get through the day in one piece.

Good luck. When you get I to the swing of it, you will love it :clover: :clover: :clover:
30 Dec 2013, 19:38
Torzy82 wrote: Ladies Help

I started my 4:3 today and started with a fasting day i have had 4 slices of toast and black coffee all day apparently i still have 100 calories to still use but not sure on how much i believe in the calorie counter :-( cant believe how hungry i am and i am doing so much to keep busy too

how do you all get through this while you and your body is getting used to it ? :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Oh Dear I feel for you, I really do.

I echo what everyone else has said..... Don't eat till tea then have a feast. Protein with salad and veg. Maybe a very low cal soup mid day if you need it, just don't go near the carbs. Just drink loads and loads. Bless your heart.
We have all learnt so much since starting.
30 Dec 2013, 19:48
Boiled egg approx 70 cals and/or a cup of bouillon 5-20 cals very helpful especially in the beginning. I used to have this at mid-day, now just the bouillon in the afternoon with bulk of cals for dinner, usually broiled fish and massive salad. :)
30 Dec 2013, 20:07
I really feel for you. Don't feel bad if you have to give up today and eat a bit more, you will still be low calorie and can defer your fasting day. Everyone else has given you such good advice. Here is what my fast day looked like today: herbal tea or black chai all day, bovril at lunchtime, chicken breast in home made tomato sauce with a salad tonight for dinner and a clementine. I will have a cup of tea with coconut milk tonight and that will be it until tomorrow. I daren't eat during the day because if I do I will keep eating, I have to wait till dinner time. This may sound hard but that's what a lot of us do and find easier. Good luck with whatever you decide and don't forget to keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
30 Dec 2013, 20:14
Oh dear, it's a shame about the toast, but now you know, next fast day will be easier. If you're really struggling, allow yourself 600 cals for today...that allows you two eggs and some veg and make yourself an omelette flavoured with herbs and a side salad. Or cook up a load of veggies in stock and blitz with a stick blender to make a filling soup for under 200 cal.

Carbs are not fast friendly!
30 Dec 2013, 20:16
Next time you'll be well prepared with all the advice you've been given about the best, most satisfying foods to eat on a fast day so count that as a plus to today! We've all probably made similar mistakes re carbs so not to worry and good luck for next time!
30 Dec 2013, 20:23
And keep some miso soup handy. Very low cal and available from most large supermarkets. 30g of raw red lentils is 90 when cooked. Add half an onion and some herbs and spices for a filling midday meal.
21 posts Page 1 of 2