The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

43 posts Page 2 of 3
It's getting worse. :cry: Nothing this morning at 8 am or my next try at 1.15 pm. Then I thought I was into the Tracker but when I tried entering 0 pounds (zero) it showed as a little 'o' and the Tracker would not accept it. In fact when I type a zero in this text box it shows as a little 'o'. I think someone mentioned that this was happening where you are rd how many new messages you have - 0 New Messages
Paul has had a look and sorted out a blip on the server, which should hopefully have resolved things now?

Regarding the 'small o', that's how zeroes look in the serif font used on the site, they are still 0s! If you copy and paste them out into another document you'll see they are defo zeroes.

Can I ask please what message you get when the tracker doesn't accept it?
I'm currently busy on the new tracker version for the revamp (won't affect current tracker) so I look forward to all these issues being sorted once and for all! We use a nicer font on the new design too, no silly small zeroes.
Moogie wrote: Paul has had a look and sorted out a blip on the server, which should hopefully have resolved things now?

Regarding the 'small o', that's how zeroes look in the serif font used on the site, they are still 0s! If you copy and paste them out into another document you'll see they are defo zeroes.

Can I ask please what message you get when the tracker doesn't accept it?
I'm currently busy on the new tracker version for the revamp (won't affect current tracker) so I look forward to all these issues being sorted once and for all! We use a nicer font on the new design too, no silly small zeroes.

I can't get into the Tracker again now. I accused it used to display zeroes correctly.
Is it working now? Paul has reset the server... seems OK to me?
I had a bit of trouble getting on just now. Had to try 3 times, but did get on so it is progress. Can't remember what it said, something like no authorization or something. The favicon icon thingy on my bookmarks keeps changing. When it's the yellow favicon I can usually get on the forum. When its the veg and pizza favicon (I think that's the old one) I can't get on at all. I must also be logged in to access the forum. It doesn't seem to be fixed yet, I hope this helps.
*scratches head*
If it happens again, it would be really helpful if you're able to copy the text of the authentication message and email it through to me (or post it here) so I can let the team know what it says - it may help them track down the cause of the error.

Would also be useful to have a detailed step by step of what's happening for each of you, eg:

Went to www.fastday.com
Clicked Forum link on main menu
Got error message: (error text)

Went to forum.fastday.com
couldn't view any topics until logged in, got error: (error text)
clicked login. got error: (error text) / logged in successfully
forum working ok

etc etc
We're keen to track down what's going on, but it's hard to do without seeing exactly what's happening. I thought I managed to replicate the problem earlier and have sent Paul my findings, but I'm not sure that's enough to go on.
Well it seemed to accept 'o' as zero and said, correctly, I was six pounds off goal, but incorrectly I was .99 lbs off interim goal whereas 9 stone nothing is,my interim goal! And I have never come across another site that does not display numeral zero correctly! or a font where it looks like lower case letter o. I will test things when I can but the site has,been so slow and jerky today.
Apologies for the choice of font, it was one of the branding decisions when we changed to FastDay and I don't think anyone noticed well enough that the zeroes look so funny. If you look before your avatar where it shows your join date you'll see the zero in 09 and in 2013 look like lower case O's too.

The tracker is sometimes a little inaccurate when it comes to the lbs values as it currently stores everything in metric and then converts back for imperial users. I've made a point of doing this differently in the revised tracker I'm working on, so it'll store it and use it exactly as you've entered it (while still allowing you to swap between metric/imperial if you so wish).

I'm so eager to get the revamped site up and running, but it's a big project and although I'm a good way in, it's still a way off I'm afraid.

Paul is still on the case regarding the site's sporadic downtime and with everyone's feedback we'll hopefully get this resolved soon. Thanks for your patience meanwhile.
@Moogie, when I logged out last night instead of logging out it went to a blank page with this message: {"message":"No authenticated session"} and no fastday banner.
I opened the fastday site again.
Home page loaded, with yellow fastday pic on the page tab at the top.
Clicked on forums. It goes to a blank white page with same message at the top: {"message":"No authenticated session"} and no fastday banner.
Went back to homepage and logged in.
Clicked on forums, it went to a blank page with yellow fastday banner at the top but page wouldn’t load.
When page stopped trying to load it had the old fastday pic (veg and pizza) on the page tab at the top.
Logged out
It went back to homepage, with yellow fastday pic on the page tab at the top.
I couldn’t get back on, until now
I tried to hop on at work a couple of hours ago but couldn't. I emailed support from my work email with the messages I was getting and a link to the page. Hope this helps, it is frustrating for everyone, you included @moogie
justdee wrote: @Moogie, when I logged out last night instead of logging out it went to a blank page with this message: {"message":"No authenticated session"} and no fastday banner.
I opened the fastday site again.
Home page loaded, with yellow fastday pic on the page tab at the top.
Clicked on forums. It goes to a blank white page with same message at the top: {"message":"No authenticated session"} and no fastday banner.
Went back to homepage and logged in.
Clicked on forums, it went to a blank page with yellow fastday banner at the top but page wouldn’t load.
When page stopped trying to load it had the old fastday pic (veg and pizza) on the page tab at the top.
Logged out
It went back to homepage, with yellow fastday pic on the page tab at the top.
I couldn’t get back on, until now

Thanks for that, I've passed the info to Paul. Meanwhile the only other thing I can think to try from my end is to clear the forum cache & see if it helps. Will do that shortly!
Some more tweaks done on the server, do let us know if you're still having problems.
It seems to be better for me now. I've been able to get on a few times in a row now without issue. Thank you!
Hi everyone,

Really sorry for the problems with the site, they have been tricky to track down.

I think the site is working better now, but there is still a problem for users that aren't logged in - they will see the 'No authenticated session' message. If you see this message, you need to login using this link: https://www.fastday.com/login/

Sorry again, and thanks for your patience.

Paul (fast_paul)
Has still been a bit tricksy this morning but seems OK at the moment both using the link above and also searching on forum.fastday.com as advised via facebook. I don't usually log out and when I have been managing to get on the site but not the forums or tracker it shows me as being logged in so I don't think that was the issue for me.
Anyway fingers crossed all is now well.
43 posts Page 2 of 3