The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

35 posts Page 3 of 3
Just reading this as it was mentioned in another post so thought I would make a comment. I originally had an interim goal but the weight kept going down so I decided to 'celebrate' when I reached my Goal Weight. I have tried on all my old clothes and taken most of them round to the local charity shop and replaced them with a smaller size and updated my wardrobe at the same time, but have kept a few favourites that look better on me now they can hang better! My real treat has been to have a luxury facial, pedicure today and manicure scheduled for tomorrow which is something I only do round about my birthday so that was a real treat.
galexinda wrote: Just reading this as it was mentioned in another post so thought I would make a comment. I originally had an interim goal but the weight kept going down so I decided to 'celebrate' when I reached my Goal Weight. I have tried on all my old clothes and taken most of them round to the local charity shop and replaced them with a smaller size and updated my wardrobe at the same time, but have kept a few favourites that look better on me now they can hang better! My real treat has been to have a luxury facial, pedicure today and manicure scheduled for tomorrow which is something I only do round about my birthday so that was a real treat.

How wonderful @galexinda Do enjoy your treats it sounds like you really do deserve it. Well done to you
Reward #1... After losing 30 lbs I had my hair cut from shoulder length to very short. I love it now...
Now I focus on how my clothes fit. My ultimate goal is to be rid of all my clothes and start fresh with a new wardrobe. I saved all my clothes and as they become too big I give them to charity. (Sizes 22-14 and some of these poor pants are 15 years old!) I am now at a point where I must start shopping again. In my past I always saved my bigger sizes... just in case. Not anymore. My closet is getting thin! The 5:2 FastDiet is giving me the freedom and confidence to be rid of the big clothes forever!
P-JK wrote: I feel that Michael has a point in showing the possibility that 'external' motivations might have a negative effect on 'internal' motivations. But a slight change of perspective could solve this 'problem' (it does for me). Just see the things you do to celebrate your achievements as a real 'celebration', not as a reward or a reason to do something (motivation). Celebrating someting would certainly not decrease internal motivation (I celebrate my wedding anniversary each year, but don't stay married because of that! and it certainly does not decrease my internal motivation to stay married). So, no need to feel despressed, keep doing the things you do when you reach some goals, just see them as a celebration. In my head the title of the topic will be changed to 'How do you celebrate when reaching "mini goals" '.

As to the answer to that question: just wait and see, as my own goal of losing 10 kg. is rapidly approaching.

Pieter-Jan

I agree with this. I celebrate my goals by being happy that Ive reached it and get excited that am on the way to the next one! I celebrate so many goals lol. Lost 7lbs... Celebrate. Lost 14lbs, celebrate it twice! Lost 2 stone, 3 stone, 10% of my total body weight, 20%, lost 10lbs, 20lbs, 30....50lbs... CELEBRATE!!!!
I celebrate it by sharing my news with family and friends and taking pics so so can see what i have achieved.

Whatever way you like to celebrate it has has to have a positive effect on to us surely? It's makes us smile, makes us happy, makes us feel good. That Spurs us on to the next goal . I say celebrate every little triumph... Got into that dress you love and was far too tight... CELEBRATE... A loss on the scales CELEBRATE. Just don't berate yourself if you fall backwards a little. Work a bit harder towards a cekebrstion. I have a little band inside my head that plays 'Congratulations' in my head every time I stand on the scales and it's a loss. If it's a goal.... The party streamers and poppers come out too lol.

Hope the pic turns out... I like to make these, 'before and progress so far' picture collages.
Edit: it didn't work. I do find this such a difficult and unfriendly site to use! Sigh.... It's why I only post once a week now. I added the pic but it was cut in half. I use photobucket successfully on every other site/forum etc. Why doesn't it work here, why does it cut my pictures down the middle and only post half??
It worked on my blog but it won't post properly in here....
35 posts Page 3 of 3