The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Usual light Christmas breakfast of ham tomato mango slices and finely sliced red onion. DS added some fried chorizo and it was a nice touch

Lunch was various meats turkey, pork, ham, seafood of calamari, prawns with various steamed greens and baked red and orange veggies and salad. I didn't eat a big serve just a small selection. :) Dessert was my decadent cherry chocolate mascarpone trifle. It needed custard and I had 2 serves :( and lots of wine

Dinner was Stilton, thins and quince paste and cups of tea. Apart from the thins it was low carbish day but not at all low calorie. Was still peckish at the end of the day but when I made DH and DS their pm snack of toasted cheese tomato and ham on sourdough ...I resisted
gillymary wrote: Dessert was my decadent cherry chocolate mascarpone trifle. It needed custard and I had 2 serves :

Wow that sounds great. Do you have a recipe you can share or any reference on net to something similar. I like baking Christmas treats post Christmas and will make this on New Years eve.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ita ... dding-cake

(poor Nigella.. i feel so sorry for her)
Oh I'm so glad everyone enjoyed their Christmas treats. Me too!
I didn't start till after church and picking Mum up from NH.
Then we made the Cinzano punch which I love- cinzano, fresh lime juice, cranberry juice, a little lemon and ginger cordial, and lots of ice and some sparkling mineral water.
Started eating with some antipasto, moved on to lunch of Turducken, ham, green salad ( with lots of avocado- they are particularly good at the moment) brown rice salad, and a beetroot, pumpkin feta and walnut salad.
Grazed on Cadbury chocolate almonds and pistachios during the present opening, then moved on to Pavlova, Trifle and fruit salad.
By the time the 16 guests had left and I'd taken Mum home by wheelchair taxi, I was tempted by DD to have another mini meal of salad and then some fruit cske.
I did go to the pool this morning and swam my laps!!
Visitors arriving in a few hours so I will try and do 16:8 all week and then back to fasting next Wednesday when they leave.
Wow @gigi55 sounds just devine.

@Julianna.Rivers here is the link to Luke Mangan making the trifle for you video.au.msn.com/watch/video/...black-forest-cherry-trifle/x24qq03?...
The chocolate cake is to die for just by itself...enjoy
Christmas Eve:
Antipasto, salad, blilnis with smoked trout and creme fraiche. Champagne

Christmas Day
Cranberry muffin
Champagne
3 bird roast, parsnips, carrots, brussels in chestnuts, shallots and chorizo. White burgundy wine.
Organic gluten free christmas pud, double cream
Cheese and a couple of crackers

No roast potatoes, chocolate or other sweeties :shock: :shock: :shock:
For breakfast I had a black coffee and just the "drumstick" part of a chicken wing as someone had to test them to see if they were tasty ;) . We make a chicken salad using just half the wing mixed salad with figs and hummous it is really yummy.

For lunch I ate small portions of just about everything from prawns, through to chicken all salads and sides. I let loose with dessert and cakes including triple chocolate cake, lots of Hungarian beigli and other eastern European biscuits/cookies/pastries. We have lots of blueberries (grow them at home) and I was eating heaps of them (I picked 2kg of them on Tuesday).

Late last night long after everyone left I started becoming a bit peckish so I had some chicken and potato salad. Oh and some more beigli.

I really enjoyed the day, I ate a lot but like most of us I found even though I ate myself to the point that I was stuffed I ate a smaller quantity when compared to what I ate last year.
Nothing before the fall except black coffee

After that, foie gras, oysters, a piece of duck with dauphines potatoes and green beans, cheese but no dessetr, had enough already. Have 2 glasses of red wine to go with the meal

Last night only had some clementines and a bit of brie
We had our dinner on Christmas eve but the day started like any other. Meusli and banana. Brie sandwich for lunch. Dinner was roast veg, yorkshire puds and quorn roast. I really disliked that so won't be eating that again. Drank a bottle of Champagne then spent the evening eating chocs and drinking chocolate Baileys. Stuffed!
Christmas day breakfast was Meusli, lunch was Dolma and french toast biscuits. I know a weird combo. handful of Twiglets here and there. Lots more chocs/ginger biscs, all German which were lovely. Another roast veg dinner with quorn meatballs and sausages. Then Christmas pud with lashings of cream. A bottle of white wine and a few more chocs and that was it.
I feel decidedly crap today so I might just fast. Had enough of eating! x
Too much. All sounds lovely.
Toast and marmite for breakfast while I indecently assaulted the turkey. Then for lunch turkey, ham, lamb, roast potatoes, kumara and pumpkin in duck fat(yum), stirfried courgettes,beans, salad, new potatos in mint and butter and a slice of stuffing. And gravy. Lots of bubbly, a few choccies and nuts....
Dessert was pavlova, christmas pud, custard, and a stawberry marshmallow frozen terrine. Turkey sandwich for very late snack. Planning to fast tomorrow.......
Silverdarling wrote: Quite a lot. :shock: :lol: :lol:

same here lol :grin:

i took doggies out walkies as usual though to burn some calories off :lol: and today i am on my own, hubby is working ( police driver so no rest for the wicked :razz: )did housework and now just taking it easy...it rained for two days and now the sun is shinning and bright! typical, more walkies later :wink:

have a good boxing day everyone!! :lol: :heart: :clover: :like:
Forgot about Christmas Eve
Had scrambled eggs on toasted croissant with smoked salmon
Foie gras on toast
Large prawns stir fry (with lemon juice and olive oil marinade)
Salad
Cheese (Brie and cheddar)
Eton mess made with meringue, strong vanilla ice cream and raspberries)
Toblerone :grin:
Oh MY..... I fell off the waggon BIG time.... But... and this is the BIG "BUT" (and I may well have a big butt again as I type this!) this time round I KNOW that I have the willpower within me to get straight back into 5:2 and watching what I eat. I still have that grit and determination nestling away securely inside so I'm not feeling guilty for eating like a piggie.... I'm just having a couple of days of not worrying about calories. It's the only time of year I'd allow myself to indulge so I'm just enjoying it.
I think my mum in law was trying to feed us all up for Xmas.
9am Cup of tea
Presents and travelling 3 miles to in laws house.
1.30 Xmas dinner, couple slices of lamb and turkey, a pig in its blanket, parsnips, 2 roast pots, peas, carrots, sprouts, a Yorkshire pus and gravy.
Xmas pudd and cream. Washed down with bubbly

6pm. "Come on everyone it's tea time" oh my goodness, I had a slice of ham (cooked by my bro in law), pickles, a small slice of pork pie, lump of black stick blue.

Then I cannot believe she bought out trifle, mince pies, home made Xmas cake, profiteroles, gateaux. I DIDNT HAVE ANY! I will probably be in trouble for this but I would have been sick.

As soon as that was cleared away, it was charades, and cards, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Out came the crisps, nuts and chocolates. I DIDNT HAVE ANY!
A glass of red. And three lemonades.

11pm son came to pick us up..
Midnight I went to bed, leaving my hubs playing with our new 3D smart tv.

It was a bit sad as my sis in law spent most of the day upstairs in bed, suffering from panic attacks, just want to take care of her and put it all right. So lots of cuddles, hand holding, and a few laughs. High light for her was when she came down for dinner, reheated in the microwave. And my hubs says ...woo hoo the stripper has arrived. She roared, it was great I nearly cried.

Anyway in summary a fantastic, family afternoon, wierd Aunty behaved, mum in law in her element, kids very happy with gifts. I didn't eat too much.
Is it me, or was the main event chocolate?!! Ooh we had a deelish triple chocolate cake from Sainsburys. It was really rather lovely. I also had a few nibbles of Dairy Milk, oh and some trifle but otherwise I don't THINK I did too bad, just the usual turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Oh and for breakfast scrambled egg with smoked salmon plus champagne! We did then take the "girls" (my dogs) for a quick walk...but not far enough to get rid of that lot!

Some of you were so good. I take my hat off to you (at least I would if I was wearing one).

Anyway, we've got plenty of time in the new year to really get down to some serious 5:2ing...at least thats what I've been telling myself! :bugeyes:
Great attitude Domane! Carrieoates, that sounded tricky. Sounds like you handled it well and your SIL enjoyed herself in the end.
Xxx julianna
33 posts Page 2 of 3