The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 1 of 3
I started the day with a slice of toast and pate; that was Ok

Moved onto the main event:

Small starter of smoked salmon and melba toast
Mains: goose with parsley stuffing, chestnut and pate stuffing balls, sprouts, roasties (getting a bit full by this stage) carrots and bread sauce.

Pause.....
Spoonful of Christmas pud with ice cream.

And it was all gorgeous and I can't wait to do it again in a year!
Very controlled Penny - well done! It all sounds delicious. :like: :like:

I didn't have breakfast - for lunch just had a bit of Roast pork, chicken, ham and the Roasties - as well as carrots, parsnips, cauli/brocc - all small portions. :wink: :wink:

After our obligatory back-yard cricket match, we had Plum pudd with the trimmings and a piece of Lemon Meringue pie, then some Cherries and Strawberries. :razz: :razz:

Before bed I had one mince pie with my cup of tea.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all, and I can't wait to do it all again next year as well.

It’s amazing how much effort we all put into this day, and in a flash it’s all over. :lol: :lol:

cheers Maggie. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Christmas morning Turkish toast with BUTTER, day old eggs from my friends chooks and pan fried ham off bone and OJ. ( usually I would skip brekky when having a big lunch but my Dad wanted what his mum used to make him for Christmas brekky 70 years ago in Slovenia- prosciutto and eggs from their farm)
Lunch- nibblies- camenbert and cranberry moneybags,Main-potatoe and chorizo salad;vermicelli mint and mango salad; sweet potatoe, walnut and fetta salad; giant couscous and baked vege salad; ham and chicken. Didn't feel like dessert. Didn't eat too much.
Dinner, plain crisps,crystal bay and tiger prawns and Asian cabbage crunchy noodle salad. 2 quality st chocs, lots of champagne.
Now I'm doing it all again today as we are celebrating Christmas at my sisters.
Xxx julianna
Quite a lot. :shock: :lol: :lol:
brekky 10 a.m.- a croissant,berries,greek yog
Dinner(6pm) usual crimbo dinner...good size portion of meat,veg etc..one glass red wine
No space for afters of trifle,xmas pud, mincies
Later..cuppa,3 quality st chocs and a handful of pretzels
Loads on offer to eat and drink..just cannot do it any more,four months on,my belly must have shrunk lots! :victory:
Muesli and cherries, milky coffee. Biscuits with dips and pate, sparkling Shiraz.

OH had smoked an Atlantic salmon in the Webber. And lovely Wessex Saddleback local ham, (MtGnomon - for Tasmanians) , green salad, beetroot, feta and mint salad, potato and mint salad and egg salad. Prosecco? (That Italian sparkling wine); another flute of sparkling Shiraz

Then an individual Chrissy pud, made in muffin tins with home made ice cream flavoured with brandy rum and nutmeg.

Watched the 1974 film of Swallows and Amazons , and partook of a few Swedish ginger biscuits while drinking tea.

Excellent feast.
Silverdarling wrote: Quite a lot. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Mmmm........ :shock: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
    Started with black coffee at 9am while I watched the others tucking into cereals, eggs, bacon, baked beans, toast and jam. Then I helped with prepping all the veg, followed at 11:30 by bubbly and a mince pie during the present opening. The main event wasn't until 3pm when I had a slice of toast laden with caviar and a glass of Swedish snaps (accompanied by Swedish drinking songs :-D), then turkey, roast parsnips, a sausage, sprouts, carrots, gravy, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and a glass of red wine. Took a bit of a pause and then finished off with a slice of Yule log and coffee. About 7 pm I had a cup of tea and a small slice of Xmas cake. Then I did break my 8 hour eating window with a couple of pieces of chocolate which DS forced on me! Surprisingly, I don't feel bloated. Sticking to 16:8 tomorrow though!
    I.....ate.....tooooo.....muuuuuuch....

Urrrrrrgh :pukey:
    More like what didn't I eat!
    Choc throughout the day, far too much of it ;)
    Satsuma for breakfast
    Full on roast late ago - turkey, gammon, spuds, snips, sweet taters, veg, stuffing, pig in blanket, a Yorkshire and some cranberry sauce. Lots of gravy. Couldn't manage it all, but did have choc pud with custard later.
    Mostly choc since. Oops :) oh, did have some grapes too.

Canned my fast yesterday, didn't go overboard but wanted to enjoy treats with hubs. First time since starting this woe that I've changed my mind about a fast for no good reason. Never mind, it's one fast out of a lifetime!
    Far too much
    Was OK till the Chocolate cake and yummy ice cream put me in "choc mode" then ODed on it. Mind you we did cycle three miles home including a big hill.
    'way too much! :frown:

Black coffee for brekkie
    Veg soup for lunch
    For dinner.....starter - melon and prosciutto‎
    main - roast chicken (breast meat only), bread sauce, 1 roastie, carrots, parsnips, brussels sprouts, 1 stuffing ball, 1 pig in a blanket,
    dessert - New York cheesecake (individual) with cream

OK so far ...but there was also...cake, mince pie (with coconut oil pastry!), shortbread, chocolates, rocky road, rum truffles.....and then there was wine...etc etc :curse:

I enjoyed every drop and crumb but oh, my tummy is not happy! It's so used to small amounts that it's complaining like hell. :sad:

We have family coming for a meal tomorrow evening so I think an 18 hour water only fast before they arrive will be a very good thing :smile:
    Thanks Penny, I was hoping that there would be a confession box.

Scrambled eggs (with cream) and smoked salmon, Buck's Fizz and tea

G&T

Prawn cocktail, Turkey, ham, roasties, brussels with chestnuts, carrots, parsnips (both honeyed) the rest of the champagne

Chocolate, 2 San Pelligrino lemon drinks

Christmas pud with brandy sauce

Turkey sandwiches and a sausage roll, half a bottle of red

I didn't need the sandwich at all but didn't want to miss out. I love turkey sarnies and only have them at Christmas.

I think that was all. I would usually have eaten a whole lot more but even this looks like a lot written down. If I think of anything else I will edit and add it in
    Good thread Penny.

I actually only gained 500grams from dec 25 am. to dec 26am. I didnt consume the usual quantities. Nothing but a coffee for breakfast.

At sister's for lunch
    - dips and pastries
    - cold Ham and Cold roast chicken (it is summer after all here)
    - Prawns
    - salads including my Pomegranate and orange salad, and russian potato salad
    - Punch with raspberries, cranberry, cider and mint
    - a glass of freshly made juice of apples, grapes, mango and raspberries with my sis' new cold press juicer she got for chrissie.

We brought 2 bottles of wine and nobody opened them. My no -alcohol policy of last 3 months seems to have rubbed off onto everyone

i actually only ate some of the starters and skipped lunch myself. i wanted to leave room for dessert which was

a) home made pudding (picture of it all lit up below) served with custard

christmas-pudding-2013.jpg
    Christmas pudding alight

b) daughter's home made mint chocolate mouse with just chocolate, eggs, sugar and butter (no cream) but served with cream and ice cream
    chocolate-mousse.jpg
    Chocolate mouse
    ]

christmas-pudding-and-mousse.jpg
    Pudding, custard and chocolate mouse

Must admit i did got hungry at night when i got home and had some of the leftoversalads and ham plus a few chocolate sweets.
    33 posts Page 1 of 3