The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 3 of 3
Christmas Eve, Topside of Beef with a giant yorkshire pudding, peas and onion and red wine gravy.
2 glasses of wine
Ginger, pear and cider trifle.
a large handful of mixed nuts and raisins.

Christmas Day Lunch
Mini Baked Camembert stuffed with whole garlic and cheese topped tear and share bread (too much bread I suffered last night for it)
1 glass of wine

Christmas Day dinner.
Roast Turkey,
Roast potatoes,
Roasted, honey caramalised carrots, beetroot, swede and red onion
Small kilted toad in the hole (bacon wrapped sausage baked in a yorksire pudding)
Gravy

No pudding, we couldn't face it. But I did eat 10 Thornton's Chocolates (I received the MASSIVE box and can't face any more)
1 orange.

Today (Boxing Day)Plnned.
Cheeseboard, crackers, crudites and dips for dinner. (no breakfast or lunch, a half fast).
Christmas cake.

I have been shocked by how much I CAN'T eat any more. Or should I say appalled by how much I WAS eating before 5:2. I have overspent on food massively this year. Luckily I have freezer space, so it won't go to waste. I can't see me doing a full shop for at least 3 weeks and I won't need to buy chocolates or treats for at least 4 months.
Forgot the drink on Christmas Eve, it was bison grass vodka during the whole meal :razz:

Likewise here, I can't eat as much as I used to. Christmas eve's dinner was not so bad but I was stuffed and uncomfortable after so I ate really little yesterday. A bit of everything but small portion which could fit perfectly in dessert plates

As for the sweets, I made everything myself (except the big T of course) so it's not as bad as the previous years, and I even didn't take any dessert yesterday (different kinds of individual puddings)

Except for the vegs (sprouts, nuts, etc) that somebody will bring me tomorrow or Saturday) and some fresh eggs I won't need anything from the shops for the next 3 weeks, that's one of the best part :grin:
Not telling! Confession may be good for the soul but I'd rather not be reminded of what I stuffed my face with yesterday and another carb fest with family today! Ah well, it's only once a year!
33 posts Page 3 of 3