The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 2 of 3
I've always found the German / Dutch way - slices of cheese and ham etc, a bit weird ... But then again, would probably have an omelette with same, or better still, eggs benedict!! :smile:
I have had left over frittata or Spanish omlette for breakfast. After all its just a very stuffed fried/scrambled egg dish. I think Kedgeree is probably the weirdest thing the British might have for breakfast. Fish and rice just seem sooooo un-breakfasty.
What about kidneys! Apparently they have this warming on the breakfast buffet at Balmoral, along with kippers and kedgeree (according to Tony Blair in his autobiog)
No kidney for breaky for me. I draw the line in black pudding, LOL!
hi everyone the weetabix thing try with butter they are yummy have not had one in years but did as a child , i had forgotten about it until you reminded me .... must try on a none fast day yum
All leftovers need to be cold - pizza, steak, roasts, noodles. And yeh, they're best for brekkie rather than lunch.

We always had omelettes with strawberry jam as a child, savoury omelettes didnt' occur to me, and I can still remember my astonishment seeing a friend cook an omelette with ONIONS and HAM. My sweet tooth also has me eating marmalade and bacon toast, yum. But then kidneys are also a damn good breakfast, so I'm not against savoury breakfasts :grin:
Bacon, stilton and any-berry jam! YUM!!!
I agree Bacon, stilton and either red plum chutney or Cranberry sauce. Or swap the Stilton out and add brie instead.
Rather fond of left over, cold Indian food- usually pakoras/bajees and samosas.
Recently discovered that this is actually breakfast food for many in India/Pakistan when I ordered that for lunch on a Friday in the sandpit (like Sunday in Europe). Poor Anish was all over the place trying to get it for me and finally phoned to day he just couldn't get it and suggested another type of bread and filling product. It was good - wish I could remember what it was now :confused:
Noodles - and they were a bit on the hot (nippy) side with vegetables and a fried egg in Bali. Tasty and surprisingly acceptable for breakfast- and it was quite early!
Foul mesdames with chopped raw onion- fava beans in a cumin-ey sauce- very very tasty especially with hard boiled egg.

Not really weird! It just depends on where in the world you are!

What I just don't get is Nutella on bread products - except croissants! It is so wrong!
Just made banana, nutella french toast. Looked so good but was just wrong. I should have known...
On holiday in Croatia, every beach has a pancake stall, every stall has a Giant, and I mean 1 foot tall, jar of nutella. Its smeared thickly on the pancakes,sometimes with squirty cream, then folded over and gobbled up. There is no delicate way of eating it from a cardboard plate/tray.
Just either my ambrosia of berries & banana+ greek yogurt+ a seedy mix I make up (eg chia, sesame, sunflower, pepita and linseed which I grind) maybe splash of omega 3 oil and I am feeling I am doing good things for my tummy

Otherwise it's poached eggs and spinach on my home made tarragon green pepper mustard spread over 1/2 slice of Burgen linseed soy toast. The other half of toast is topped with both my home made butter and marmalade

If I am in a hurry it is just the bread tomato slices S&P haloumi and whacked into the sandwich press. A squirt of lime juice completed the deal

Don't eat cereals from boxes think they are rubbish
beetles off to look at Croatia on the map and tripadviser....
Another breakfast one I love is shakshouka, the Mediterranean eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce.
39 posts Page 2 of 3