The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 3 of 3
Julieathome wrote: Other cultures don't bat an eyelid at eating what we would consider to be dinner foods for breakfast, including left overs from the night before.

Nasi goreng !!!!

YUM YUM YUMMY YUM YUM

Forget the toast for breakfast this morning (sorry Ballerina) last nights fish curry with an egg in it :) :) :)
It's not really weird food but strange habits. It must be the weekend and I must be upreally early (before 6:30) to have a croissant or a pain au chocolat. It tastes amazing, freshly baked in my oven and the smell in the appartment stays all morning...

Another choice is to have ham and cheese, for breafkast

And the big weird thing is fresh pizza when we go to the restaurant with my partner, about once every other week. Knowing we'll go to the restaurant, I can't eat for 2 days before (without any efforts, I just can't have anything solid) so the pizza is the only thing I'll have for 2 days
Years ago in Somalia, staying at the beach, we were served bowlfuls of hot steaming camel meat, stringy fatty and disgusting, but my kids wolfed it down! Like janeg says, it depends where in the world you are! In this part of the world my favourite breakfast is a hot, buttery kipper or black pudding with a poached egg on top.
Not wierd but a guilty pleasure - a double sausage and egg mcmuffin! :oops: :roll:
Croatia, lovely place for a holiday. We have stayed near 'Trogir' and loved it. The cuisine is pretty basic, heavy on the meats and heavily influenced by pizza and pasta. But the wonderfully clear water and the coastal views of the islands are to dream about. The daily market at Trogir is full of farmers wives selling their produce, plus the daily fish market as well. Pomegranates the size of a small cantaloupe, I never knew they grew that big.Boat trips all over the place and a day trip to Plitvic lakes (a must for a bucket list if you have one).
I wonder how long it will take me to drive to Croatia. It can be that far...

Janeg, are you on Trip Advisor?
TML not so much 'on' Tripadvisor as use it to check places out. Although I have done the occasional review...
I love TA reviews! I've learnt how to read between the lines and I don't go anywhere without checking them. I've written lots of them, mostly for restaurants, LOL!
39 posts Page 3 of 3