The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 1 of 3
I say that because this lunch time I broke my fast with left-over chicken kebab and salad with sweet chilli sauce.

As I don't have breakfasts much anymore, I do tend to eat lunch stuff for my first meal of the day, but its usually a bacon sandwich or a cheese salad etc.

If I was eating a breakfast type meal it would be cereals or a fruit yogurt or a piece of fruit.

I know that there are many nationalities on here, and what seems normal to one is weird to another. So please, add what you would normally eat to break your fast and the weirdest thing (in your opinion) that you have broken your fast with.
I am going pre-5:2 for this one - I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top and have eaten that over my usual toast on occasion. Love Thanksgiving and Christmas! Nothing will stop me from doing it in the future!
I always eat breakfast so I can't think of anything weird. I'll go with unique, when I had ice cream oreos for breaky last week.
Ice cream was a favourite breakfast of mine since my childhood and I always enjoy having it even as an adult.
I stated the question the way I did because a snippett of information I heard was that Italians eat weetabix with jam smeared on them, like a biscuit. Not with milk. I thought that was weird, but an Italian would think it weird to have milk on weetabix, and would probably reel in shock at the thought of hot milk on them.
I'm not Italian but I love Weetabix as they are. The thought of them in milk makes me sick. I haven't tried them with jam but I have a friend who eats them with chocolate spread. I deliberately refuse to try this because I am pretty sure that it will be soooo divine that I will get addicted to it.
Yuk! And double yuk! Sorry TML, but sounds just awful :sick: :sick: :sick: :sidefrown: :shutmouth:
Really? How come? I mean, cereal with chocolate is a good combo...
I would try weetbix with nutella, but it's a pretty dry biscuit, think I'd prefer toast or a thinner cracker.

I sometimes have soup for breakfast, so have broken fast with that.
This was some time ago but I broke a 5 day fast with a large helping of Kim Chee. I honestly don't know what I was thinking except I was craving the stuff.
It shot through me like a laser beam. :(
TML13 wrote: Really? How come? I mean, cereal with chocolate is a good combo...

Weetabix dry = cardboard
KataMac wrote: it's a pretty dry biscuit, think I'd prefer toast or a thinner cracker.

Seconded!
See what I mean. TML wouldn't bat an eyelid at weetabix with jam, but with milk turns her stomach. Now what would you normally have for breakfast TML? Maybe we would think its weird?
Plus the idea of breakfast being a completely different meal to the other meals of the day is a peculiarly western idea. Other cultures don't bat an eyelid at eating what we would consider to be dinner foods for breakfast, including left overs from the night before.
No weird things, I'm afraid. My breaky is usually double espresso with a splash of milk, hot in winter and cold in summer with a couple of biccies.
If it's a Sunday after a big night out on Saturday, followed by a stop at the bakery I might eat the bakery leftovers although that would be lunch and not breakfast since I rarely wake up before 2pm on Sundays.
I also like cold pizza for breaky but I rarely have any left. ;-)
I guess ice cream is the weirdest of them all. I'm boring... :-(
I think our different perception for Weetabix comes from the fact that I hate soft stuff. I never eat corn flakes with milk but I love eating them from the box, like crisps.
The way Weetabix looks in milk reminds me of not very nice things, while its crunchiness when it's on its own is something I like very much.
39 posts Page 1 of 3