Re: Still bingeing!
03 Nov 2013, 15:19
I'm overwhelmed, so many lovely forum friends here, you have all made me feel so much better today. :like: :like:

I can always cope with the odd plate of food sailing across the bedroom or the cups of tea flying down the stairs and out of the window - where would I be without the cheap supermarket mugs? What I find hardest though is the shouting. So loud! If the hurtful and shocking words were said in a quiet voice it wouldn't be nearly as bad but the noise makes my head ring.

I've had a look at the carer's support groups online, thanks to Bobshouse and gillymary. It seems I've missed the group meetings for this year in the nearest venues so I will be finding out if there is anything else available via the doctor's surgery.
That's one positive. :smile:

Sue.Q's Daily Confessional is another. :grin:

Convert52, he did lock me out and sometimes barricades the doors but he's not very good at it so I can get back indoors OK - I leave one of the windows slightly open just in case now! I'll be buying your recommended book so that's a positive too. :smile:

callyanna, I do talk to my son and daughter about what is happening and they try to support me as much as they can but they both have busy lives. I don't like to go on about it too much because he is their dad. I think most of my family know about his alcoholism but they all live so far away.

I might try being in control by not eating anything after 8 pm Manderlay, I did that for a while so should be able to do it again if only for a couple of days a week.

I'm so grateful for the help and advice from you all when I know that many of you have problems of your own as bad or worse than mine. Yesterday was a bad day but I always bounce back. I have a way of shutting the worst out, 'mind over matter' sort of thing - or daydreaming could be another word for it. I live in my own little world where the sun is always shining, flowers everywhere and all is well.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: