The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Strange question
02 Oct 2013, 18:45
And here I was thinking it was age that made my feet need a size more than before...if it's weight, I promise myself I will splurge on new foot wear when time comes. If it ever does.... :bugeyes:
02 Oct 2013, 18:51
Yes you do!

I have beautiful shoes in beautiful boxes that now flap on my feet :(

On the plus side my boots have room at the top ( no longer have fat calves)

I love shoes, I love my shoes, my shoes don't fit :(
05 Oct 2013, 10:59
I have definitely lost width and length from my feet. It seemed to happen quite quickly and early on. I was pleased that I no longer need to look for wide width shoes but upset as none of my shoes fitted! It is fun buying new ones :smile: but unfortunately I now seem to be a half size which is harder to find :frown:

My fingers are also thinner so my rings are loose.
05 Oct 2013, 11:56
Its happening to me at the moment. When a late teen, so at full growth but slim I was a size 5.5 uk size. I am now a size 7 uk. The last time I wore boots that were higher than my ankles was over 20 years ago, unless they were motorbike boots, and even then I had to buy mens boots because womens boots were too slim fit. I am so looking forward to buying a nice pair of calf high boots. I think I am a bit past it for wearing thigh highs, but if the chance comes up, I will have a go.

It is logical that your feet will lose weight as well. The heel is just a pad of muscle and fat, if your heel loses weight then the overall size will change. We can all see the width changing, especially for me as I can no see bones instead of flab or water retention. I am finding that ALL of my shoes and even my 'work' boots are much looser than they were and will need to be replaced soon.

Another thing to think about is that when driving you are going to have to periodically review your driving position. Visualise what your butt looks like in a sitting position, being at least 6 inches deeper from front pelvis to where you touch the seat it will push your body much further forward in the seat than it would if you were slim. Therefore your seat back will also have been pushed into a more upright position to suit the old body shape and support the shoulders. So if you are finding driving tiring or that you are getting aches or pains whilst driving, check that you are still in a decent position for the new body shape.
05 Oct 2013, 12:18
Not noticed my feet so much, although I do point my slim ankles out to my husband :wink: but my hands have lost loads my rings are really loose. I'm going to have to get them re sized when I finally finish losing all the weight I want to!
20 posts Page 2 of 2