The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Strange question
02 Oct 2013, 12:15
I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight from their feet since starting this WOE? I normally have to buy EEE width fitting shoes, which really limits my choice in shoes. I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a change in their shoe size at all? Lol sorry random question I know!!
Re: Strange question
02 Oct 2013, 12:29
I haven't lost a lot yet, but I do think some of it is from my feet. I also have wide feet. My sandals are definitely looser, but it could be from getting stretched out. My feet look thinner to me.
02 Oct 2013, 12:32
Yes-I have just bought normal width shoes- before I've always had to go for wider width.
02 Oct 2013, 12:33
I'm really hoping to lose weight from my feet, I would love to walk into any shoe shop and just pick up a regular width shoe and have it fit. I'm a little bit obsessed with shoes lol :heart:
02 Oct 2013, 12:34
Merlin wrote: Yes-I have just bought normal width shoes- before I've always had to go for wider width.

Awesome!! I'm very excited by this now.
02 Oct 2013, 12:35
Yep, I have. In fact on Monday I put on a pair of court shoes that I haven't worn for months and had to change as I was walking out of them. Another pair of kitten heels that I now wear for work are OK as long as I have thick tights on. Looks like a trip to the shoe shops is in order :like: ! What a shame :lol:. .

On this WOE it goes from everywhere :like: :grin:
02 Oct 2013, 12:39
I've always had wide feet and last summer had to buy new sandals as my old ones seemed tight for some reason. It never occurred to me that my feet had got fat along with the rest of me, until this summer I tried on the old sandals and they fitted again! :D
02 Oct 2013, 12:49
Amazing!!! I'm going to have to start saving money for a shopping spree when the time comes.
02 Oct 2013, 12:52
Feet will shrink with weight loss, partly because there is less fat in them and partly because there is less you forcing gravity to splay them. 10 years ago I went from 224+lbs down to 135 lbs and for the first time in my life I could walk into a shop and try on any shoe without first having to see if they had it in wide-width, so liberating! :)
02 Oct 2013, 13:43
When I had an over active thyroid a few years back, I lost 1.1/2 stone in 3 weeks due to the condition. Now that was a serious, 'this is what you could look like if you lost weight' moment! Unfortunately the thyroid has left me with some no so pleasant side effects for life.

I went down not only in the width of the foot, but also the size. I was a bit puzzled by it, but the shoe shop owner said, your feet also loose weight !

Moving on today, after nearly loosing 2 stone, I can get my over the knee boots on ! Actually they are thigh high, bought in 1992 from Russell & Bromley. Cost an arm and leg, but even today, they are still fashionable, look fab, and I can pull them up past the calves up to the knee :lol:

I love boots, but I think I need to buy clothes that fit before any footwear ! My trousers are seriously hanging off, and a whole new meaning to Bridget Jones, Big Pants... :dance:
02 Oct 2013, 13:48
This was also a big wish for me to go in shoe shops and buy a normal width, and was unit recently still a disappointment,
However as they say everything comes to those who wait mine at showing signs of slight improvement :heart:
I don't think I will ever again achieve my wish which is sad but I can live with the weightloss and the slight reduction in swelling as this has been a problem all my adult life :curse:
So in answer to your question yes just slightly, and I'm more hopeful after reading everyone's answers :clover: Sue. :clover:
02 Oct 2013, 14:18
Oh no! I've only ever had wee feet to start with :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Oct 2013, 14:27
daydreamer21 wrote: I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight from their feet since starting this WOE? I normally have to buy EEE width fitting shoes, which really limits my choice in shoes. I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a change in their shoe size at all? Lol sorry random question I know!!

Haven't looked at my feet especaily (I don't regard mine as out standingly attractive at the best of times and I wouldn't waste time really admiring them).

I did.... I thought...... notice a difference in my hands yesterday. It might have been imagination (orn ot)
02 Oct 2013, 14:48
David F wrote:
daydreamer21 wrote: I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight from their feet since starting this WOE? I normally have to buy EEE width fitting shoes, which really limits my choice in shoes. I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a change in their shoe size at all? Lol sorry random question I know!!

Haven't looked at my feet especaily (I don't regard mine as out standingly attractive at the best of times and I wouldn't waste time really admiring them).

I did.... I thought...... notice a difference in my hands yesterday. It might have been imagination (orn ot)

I have lost weight off my hands since I started losing weight. I can now wear my mothers engagement ring which has never fitted me before in my life, she has quite slender fingers for her size.
02 Oct 2013, 18:17
daydreamer21 wrote:
David F wrote:

I have lost weight off my hands since I started losing weight. I can now wear my mothers engagement ring which has never fitted me before in my life, she has quite slender fingers for her size.

Thinkng about this, in my case, if you follow a line from the end of your little finger down towards the wrist area...mine usually had a small area of fat just along the edge.about an inch ino the hnad,. There is non now.

The veins are also slightly more prominant.

Must lookat my feet tonight......might get a shock!!! :bugeyes: :lol:
20 posts Page 1 of 2