The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Ok hands up who knows that feeling that something has to change body -wise.

We have literally started Winter in Australia so out go the sundresses and in come the warm woollen undergarments, the big jumpers and of course the Jeans.-(I am not one for wearing track suits).

ummm what happened?.. did I shrink the jeans before I stored them away... nope they look big enough.. did something happen to my waist and stomach area... yep.....

You know what that means.. and I just announced it here to everyone... I need to practice very mindful, very careful 4:3.. Note, for me, personally 16:8 or everyday fasting is not an option.

Anyhow, as part of the strategy

- up the water content.. I was going good in summer and was having 2 litres of tap water daily but slowly stopped as it got a bit colder
- no oats/overnight porridge/home made baked muesli on fast days.
- counting calories.. yep ever morsel
- being more mindful of quantity of food on non fast days though i don't think I overeat. (Though if you konw me from Facebook you will know that I cook a lot of yummies.)
- maybe try to exercise or IIT or something more than i do. Weights? just a bit of stretching.
- continuing plant based + dairy/egg eating 5 days a week ( I don't believe this is a cause of weight gain .. though maybe more prone to eating pasta and rice.
- no more butter as a snack.. Ok so they say butter is now a super food but come on... there is a limit.

Determined to get into the black canvas jeans without having to hold my breath to do up the buttons.

any more ideas?
Great to see you old pal xxx i have every faith in you..youve always seem such an inspirational and supportive member on here! :like: x
How lovely to see you @Juliana.Rivers! You're certainly not alone as there are a few of us 'oldies' returning after a glitch!
Oh my! You certainly are determined! I do wonder, though if you should start back with 5:2 rather than 4:3 just to get back into it gradually? Just a thought!
Good luck - and great to have you back!
Bean xx
Yep - I know that feeling! Very well.

I've been back since May 9th. Like you, I'd reached the point where something had to be done!

Looks like you've got some very good strategies in place - so the best of luck and we'll look forward to you dropping by whenever you have a mo!
Hi @juliana.rivers and welcome to winter - it certainly arrived with a vengeance. Maybe a Sydney winter meet up for forum members is in order? I wrote my 13 week winter plan this week, laminated it and stuck it on the fridge. I work on the basis that three months from now I will thank myself and if I don't make a plan and stick to it I will be sooo cross with myself when the beach weather comes back and I am winter lumpy!
CandiceMarie wrote: Great to see you old pal xxx i have every faith in you..youve always seem such an inspirational and supportive member on here! :like: x

Thanks I am a little embarrassed about the weight gain but determined to get the last 2kg off soon.
nursebean wrote: How lovely to see you @Juliana.Rivers! You're certainly not alone as there are a few of us 'oldies' returning after a glitch!
Oh my! You certainly are determined! I do wonder, though if you should start back with 5:2 rather than 4:3 just to get back into it gradually? Just a thought!
Good luck - and great to have you back!
Bean xx

Thanks nursebean.. My stomach growls and im sitting here with a glass of water (its 3.26pm) just had cheese, 2 expressos and a banana. feels good.

well my head is so stuck on Monday - Wednesday - Friday fasts, i just cant imagine removing any of them and i actually love fast days. but thank you for suggestions.

I am back! with a vengeance
[url][/url]
Hazelnut20 wrote: Yep - I know that feeling! Very well.

I've been back since May 9th. Like you, I'd reached the point where something had to be done!

Looks like you've got some very good strategies in place - so the best of luck and we'll look forward to you dropping by whenever you have a mo!

Thanks hazenlut20! Together we can do this!!!
Pilchards wrote: Hi @juliana.rivers and welcome to winter - it certainly arrived with a vengeance. Maybe a Sydney winter meet up for forum members is in order? I wrote my 13 week winter plan this week, laminated it and stuck it on the fridge. I work on the basis that three months from now I will thank myself and if I don't make a plan and stick to it I will be sooo cross with myself when the beach weather comes back and I am winter lumpy!

I love winter. well my body doesnt think so in the early morning or late evening but something comforting about it. The tight jeans arent too comforting.. i had to go to some really old knockabout jeans that used to swim on me a bit ... they still swim but not as much..ooops.
Hi Juliana.
Sally here.
Just joined up. Thought I might find some good recipes here for the fast days. Still finding my way around the site. Just thought I'd say hello to everybody.
Hi all,Julianna I think it's normal to stumble,hats off to you for doing the 3 days fasting,2 is hard enough for me,I have been going along good but hit a brick wall today eating everything in site, this afternoon,it was my fast day,I noticed that yesturday that I did not eat enough breakfast and didn't bring anything except a banana for the rest of the day to eat,I do domestic cleaning so can get very hungry,I ended up stopping and buying a chocolate bar ahh but then pigged out after dinner as well,I think this happens when you lose some weight and your body tries to get it back!!! So I can do the fast tomorrow instead or just leave it for next week. I feel angry with my self
Sally b wrote: Hi Juliana.
Sally here.
Just joined up. Thought I might find some good recipes here for the fast days. Still finding my way around the site. Just thought I'd say hello to everybody.

Nice to see you in "this space" @Sally b .. so much info and good people here
Newgirl wrote: Hi all,Julianna I think it's normal to stumble,hats off to you for doing the 3 days fasting,2 is hard enough for me,I have been going along good but hit a brick wall today eating everything in site, this afternoon,it was my fast day,I noticed that yesturday that I did not eat enough breakfast and didn't bring anything except a banana for the rest of the day to eat,I do domestic cleaning so can get very hungry,I ended up stopping and buying a chocolate bar ahh but then pigged out after dinner as well,I think this happens when you lose some weight and your body tries to get it back!!! So I can do the fast tomorrow instead or just leave it for next week. I feel angry with my self

Don't be angry with yourself @Newgirl you have to pick yourself up and know that tomorrow or the day after can be a "good fast day" as i call it. But its a very natural thing to regret one's actions when you cant turn it around. Practically everyone here have had "those days". all the best for tomrrow. Come and tell us how you went in her. this can be a thread for the "stepping off the track" people.
Oh yes @newgirl - you are by no means alone! So please don't get discouraged. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again - as the song goes!

If there is a next time, try to fully enjoy it. Don't do it with any guilt attached, because that defeats the object. The big thing is, though, that you must forgive yourself...and move swiftly on. You are human...just like the rest of us! A little stumble doesn't wipe out all your previous efforts - so just pick up where you left off. It's not the end of the world.....and shouldn't be treated as such. You're doing your best...and that is all anyone can expect of themselves! Keep posting too - that will really help...
14 posts Page 1 of 1