The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: The fickleness of weighing
17 Feb 2014, 12:30
I weigh daily and then take an average for the week, then I compare the average score with previous weeks averages and that gives me a very good indication of where I am going and how fast (or slow). I started doing this at the beginning of January and find it helps me focus. However I DO enter my real weight into the tracker, but not on a daily basis. As Juliana says it's all down to personal preferences.
17 Feb 2014, 12:47
Juliana.Rivers wrote: You will find this forum has wildly different ideas, methods, opinions etc.

there is no right and wrong and you will find "your" right way in time.

I think the above statement is so true, there are many different ways and that is why a forum like this works, different people express their ideas and others consider them.

This combined with an underlying principle of fasting and a common goal of improved health makes it work.
17 Feb 2014, 13:15
Here are a couple of graphs I prepared showing my actual weigh-ins over a month and how infrequent weighing can give a false idea of how the weight-loss is progressing compared with daily weighing and a trend-line:

If I had only weighed myself at the points indicated I might have thought I had gained weight or plateaued
Infrequent weighing.png

But by weighing daily and applying a trendline I can see that my weight is steadily decreasing.

Frequent weighing.png
17 Feb 2014, 13:43
Weigh ins with IF are a series of bounces and whooshes-for the most accurate picture compare your first weigh in of the month, after a fasting day, with the last weigh in of the month, after a fasting day :) That will give you a better idea of what's actually happening.
17 Feb 2014, 14:37
totally agree, my official weigh-in is every friday morning and I try sooo hard to not jump on the scales in-between weeks, because more often than not I will have magically gained a pound and be disappointed! (but then on my friday weigh-in it will hopefully have disappeared again!)

:)
17 Feb 2014, 22:01
carorees wrote: Here are a couple of graphs I prepared showing my actual weigh-ins over a month and how infrequent weighing can give a false idea of how the weight-loss is progressing compared with daily weighing and a trend-line:

If I had only weighed myself at the points indicated I might have thought I had gained weight or plateaued
Infrequent weighing.png

But by weighing daily and applying a trendline I can see that my weight is steadily decreasing.

Frequent weighing.png

Good chart and explanation Carorees, thanx
21 posts Page 2 of 2