The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: The things I crave
11 Oct 2013, 19:04
oooeerr Caro. Wish I didn't see your buns on a fast day :lol: :lol:
11 Oct 2013, 19:19
Oh my Oh my....you lot need locking up, my daughter is sitting next to me eating supper. Sainsburys baguette with cheese in. It's 8.20, Friday night and I am fasting. Lord help me.
Right where's my diet coke.
11 Oct 2013, 19:28
Bread. I have virtually given the stuff up but oh hot buttered toast (white bread of course) - but oh why do some refined carbs taste so yummy? Not to mention the nice cup of hot tea (a milky brew where I'm from 'oop North). Alas!
12 Oct 2013, 19:02
Right now, its Turkish delight, the commercial one with chocolate. I even have enough calories left over to have one, but the nearest open shop is 25 miles away.
12 Oct 2013, 20:07
I think they look good Caroline!

I made some too

Now what am I supposed to do with about 60 cinammon buns??
12 Oct 2013, 20:39
Nicky_94 wrote: Now what am I supposed to do with about 60 cinammon buns??

Share? :grin:
14 Oct 2013, 02:29
I never crave anything sweet on fasts, for me it's carbs, carbs and more carbs.
Honestly looking at those pics of the buns really doesn't bother me (I'm fasting today) - although I wish they did because I would much rather have a sweet tooth than crave carbs and that 'full up' feeling.
I have sushi on the brain but will wait until tomorrow..
Lil :heart:
14 Oct 2013, 07:46
Nicky_94 wrote:

I place my cinnamon buns in a zip lock bag and freeze them. I try and do it as soon as they are cold (i.e. take them out of the oven, leave them to cool, place a few in Tupperware type of box and immediately freeze the rest). This way I am not tempted to just keep on eating as I find cinnamon buns addictive.

To reheat I place buns in the oven at about 165 degrees C and warm them up for about 9 mins. They are nearly as yummy as fresh out of the oven. Naturally oven temperature and time will vary between ovens.
14 Oct 2013, 07:52
TheFrog wrote:
Nicky_94 wrote:

I place my cinnamon buns in a zip lock bag and freeze them. I try and do it as soon as they are cold (i.e. take them out of the oven, leave them to cool, place a few in Tupperware type of box and immediately freeze the rest). This way I am not tempted to just keep on eating as I find cinnamon buns addictive.

To reheat I place buns in the oven at about 165 degrees C and warm them up for about 9 mins. They are nearly as yummy as fresh out of the oven. Naturally oven temperature and time will vary between ovens.

Thanks, that's just what I did, about 40 of them are in the freezer, the others have been eaten over the weekend by family and visitors and me of course. Think I need this fast day today!
39 posts Page 3 of 3