The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: The things I crave
10 Oct 2013, 11:51
Cripes Wolfie! I replied earlier without any specific craving!
But have just been in M & S to buy a pressie for someone...then slunk into the Food Hall ( not a good idea on a fast day) Had it in my head to buy frozen chips but after looking at the cal count,put them back..my eye was then taken by oeas,beans,and broc...realised i was poring over them,imagining eating them...
At last i am craving veg...deffo a big plate of green vegetables to break my fast tonight! My body is telling me what it needs instead of what my mind thinks it wants!
10 Oct 2013, 11:56
Hmmm. Not sure what I crave. Something carby normally but you can sometimes find me eating peanut butter straight from the jar, so fatty too. Those Scandi's passing through London (or others who like their Nordic fix) should check out The Nordic Bakery on Golden Square in Soho. The cinnamon rolls are to die for http://www.nordicbakery.com
10 Oct 2013, 11:58
carorees wrote: Mmmm, Skogaholmslimpa och caviar!!! Or tunnbröd och sill :heart: I made kanelbullar last Friday because, apparently, it was kanelbullarsdag!

I cannot believe I missed kanelbullarsdag!!!

Now you've got me craving tunnbröd too, it's going to be a long wait till Christmas :cry:
10 Oct 2013, 12:19
rawkaren wrote: Hmmm. Not sure what I crave. Something carby normally but you can sometimes find me eating peanut butter straight from the jar, so fatty too. Those Scandi's passing through London (or others who like their Nordic fix) should check out The Nordic Bakery on Golden Square in Soho. The cinnamon rolls are to die for http://www.nordicbakery.com

Mmmm karen..they sound divine!
When in London i visit the Hare Krishna Temple in Soho Sq...Golden Sq cannot be far from there,will hunt it down! X
10 Oct 2013, 15:33
Debs wrote: Oh yum, yum!! I'm off to bed soon so that may be on the agenda tomorrow!!! Dare I ask the calorie count?!

No idea of the calorie count but I imagine it's fairly high - sometimes that's just what you need! :grin:

I managed to hold off making it, mainly because I ran out of time, so I am still in fast day mode and will save the peanut butter power porridge for tomorrow!

Enjoy!
10 Oct 2013, 15:43
I had to make room in my freezer so the english teacakes (fruited buns) were sacrificed and should have headed for the bird table. But I decided that instead of breaking my fast with them (I nearly did too) I would make bread and butter pudding (english style) so thats whats happening for dinner tonight.

In the UK, I think the fasts are getting harder because the cold weather has really sneaked in the last few days. Yesterday was cold and I felt cold, which is very unusual for me, having been well wrapped in blubber for most of my adult life.
10 Oct 2013, 15:46
I was in marks & spencer earlier and had to leave because the smell of their fresh bread was driving me to distraction. If someone had handed me a loaf I would have just torn into it then & there.

Yes Julie it's very cold & windy here Oop North (York) too. Wished I'd put my winter coat on. Love the autumnal feel of it all though.
10 Oct 2013, 15:58
With all this talk of peanut butter thank God its not a fast day today for me!

I am looking forward to having some PB and J on toast with honey roasted PB and some raspberry and strawberry jam :wink:
10 Oct 2013, 16:06
Debs wrote: Oh yum, yum!! I'm off to bed soon so that may be on the agenda tomorrow!!! Dare I ask the calorie count?!

I reckon approximately 550 but that's only one third cup oats and semi skimmed milk
:shock:
10 Oct 2013, 16:17
:shock: indeed! But then when I had it last week it did me from 10am till dinner time so unless you have a whopping 1500 cal dinner (wouldn't be too difficult for me!) it should be fine.
10 Oct 2013, 16:20
I don't seem to crave food when I fast but for some reason I crave things like drinks from Costa such as their chi latte and cappachino. If i do crave anything I sometimes reward myself with it on a feed day to celebrate I didn't give in when fasting and to make me not resent fasting, that I can still have a healthy relationship with this WOL.
10 Oct 2013, 18:39
rawkaren wrote: Those Scandi's passing through London (or others who like their Nordic fix) should check out The Nordic Bakery on Golden Square in Soho. The cinnamon rolls are to die for http://www.nordicbakery.com

If that picture is cinnamon rolls, they look nooooothing like a real Swedish one does :lol:
10 Oct 2013, 18:43
Dunno Wolfie. No expert. What should they look like?
10 Oct 2013, 18:51
These were mine...are they better?
10 Oct 2013, 18:57
Notice To All Newcomers !!!
Caroline gets her buns out regularly :heart:
Ooohhh they do look good as usual :heart: Sue. :clover:
39 posts Page 2 of 3