The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

39 posts Page 1 of 3
The things I crave
10 Oct 2013, 07:26
during fast days varies, but normally I almost hallucinate about egg mc muffins ;-) but today (this early) I suddenly started to feel a craving for something xtremely Swedish - Skogaholmslimpa (a darker, sirupy loaf) with caviar. No it's not russian, but a kind of treated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalles_kaviar which I don't think anyone but Swedes love LOL. And lovely Swedish cinnamon rolls.... and....and ... :smile:
Re: The things I crave
10 Oct 2013, 07:33
Yeah right, thanks Wolfie for brining this up on a particularly hard fasting day. :wink:
Bread, always bread, and peanut butter, spiced fruit loaf......yum yum yum!

Btw. Love the hound piccie!
10 Oct 2013, 08:56
Mmmmmmmmmmm, I love skogaholmslimpa, and I was actually thinking about making Kanelbullar today, I had cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast and that gave me the taste for them! Luckily for me it's not a fast day today!
10 Oct 2013, 08:59
Me too Debs,feels a bit hard today for some reason
I havent got any cravings Wolfie,just ANYTHING would do!
often on fast days i get an urge to stick my whole head in a vat of cream...just as well i never have a vat of cream to hand..

Have just got on a neighbours scales and they are lovely kind scales coz they say ive dropped several pounds..but as my inches are unmoved,i think maybe they are lying scales :(
as ive just measured and nothing has budged :(
10 Oct 2013, 09:22
Debs - sorry for being a RPITA today of all days, which for me fast is hard too. Some days it is OK, others so danged hard...And the dog picture I found when I created my profile since I can't figure out how to upload a pic of my own. Could be my oldest RR Fiona though :-)
Nicky_94 - are you Swedish? Who else would know about skogaholmslimpa and kanelbullar :wink:
10 Oct 2013, 09:30
Wolfie wrote: Nicky_94 - are you Swedish? Who else would know about skogaholmslimpa and kanelbullar :wink:

My dad's Swedish, so we grew up with him lecturing us about how any Swedish limpa is far superior to anything you can buy in England LOL, in the end we got to believe it! I can't find that in France where I live now though, I'll have to wait until Christmas to satisfy that craving :shock:
10 Oct 2013, 09:46
What's an RPITA wolfie?

On a fast day I tend to crave anything that will be really filling, e.g. large doorsteps of soft white bread toasted and slathered in lashings of peanut butter.... can't you tell I'm fasting now?!!! Also my chocolate peanut butter power porridge is something I could demolish a bowl of right now.

On a non-fast day I have to say my chocolate cravings have actually increased since starting 5:2, and I do give in more now! And coffee, always enjoy some coffee, no matter whether I'm fasting or not.
10 Oct 2013, 10:06
Here is another lover of Skogaholmslimpa and kaviar - and please don't forget a thick layer of Bregott in between :-D
10 Oct 2013, 10:10
nadiaj wrote: Here is another lover of Skogaholmslimpa and kaviar - and please don't forget a thick layer of Bregott in between :-D

Oh you could never have a satisfying smörgås without Bregott, but I do it nicely and use the blue variety;)

This day is horrible, all I want to do is eat.... :cry:
10 Oct 2013, 10:12
Mmmm, Skogaholmslimpa och caviar!!! Or tunnbröd och sill :heart: I made kanelbullar last Friday because, apparently, it was kanelbullarsdag!

My craving though is filmjölk. Since I gave up eating breakfast, I really miss a bowl of fil and granola in the morning.

Right, I know what I'm having for lunch...breakfast! I've run out of fil at the moment though so it will have to be (home made) yoghurt.
10 Oct 2013, 10:17
Right pain in the arse, I'm thinking green monster!!!! Your porridge sounds good, it combines my two favourite things, chocolate and peanut butter! How do you make it?
10 Oct 2013, 10:35
Love the RPITA meaning! I can think of a few people fitting that description!!

I've only made this porridge once but it was incredible and was soooo filling. I used 1/2 cup oats (I have some American cup measures and usually use 1/3 cup for porridge but I wanted a bigger bowlful), 2 heaped tsp cocoa powder, 1 cup sweetened almond milk our neighbours gave us (mix of normal milk & water would also work well), and mixed well as I cooked it up (adding some water if it got too thick. I then swirled in a good-sized dollop (tbsp.?) of crunchy peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and finished with a shake of roasted salted peanuts. Oh my it was good. I had it at 10am and was not hungry again until about 5pm.

In fact I am thinking of swapping my fast day to tomorrow so I can go and make some of this right now.....
10 Oct 2013, 10:40
Oh yum, yum!! I'm off to bed soon so that may be on the agenda tomorrow!!! Dare I ask the calorie count?!
10 Oct 2013, 11:31
My fast day here in Oz is almost over and just as well! :shock: All this talk about kanelbullar (I'm Finnish and would call them korvapuusti but I believe they're pretty much the same thing) has me salivating. It's been ages since I've had any; baking might be on the agenda over the weekend...
10 Oct 2013, 11:44
greenmonster wrote: Love the RPITA meaning! I can think of a few people fitting that description!!

I've only made this porridge once but it was incredible and was soooo filling. I used 1/2 cup oats (I have some American cup measures and usually use 1/3 cup for porridge but I wanted a bigger bowlful), 2 heaped tsp cocoa powder, 1 cup sweetened almond milk our neighbours gave us (mix of normal milk & water would also work well), and mixed well as I cooked it up (adding some water if it got too thick. I then swirled in a good-sized dollop (tbsp.?) of crunchy peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and finished with a shake of roasted salted peanuts. Oh my it was good. I had it at 10am and was not hungry again until about 5pm.

In fact I am thinking of swapping my fast day to tomorrow so I can go and make some of this right now.....

Why do I keep on reading about my second favourite food - peanut butter on the evening that my fast begins?

Could be worse I could be reading about Nutella.

I am so going to try making that porridge with peanut butter, just not on a fast day.

:grin:
39 posts Page 1 of 3